rm250 1997 model, riding normal & it dies out then i start it & it works normal again

+30

Aug 2, 2005
if it goes lean before it dies out look for clogged fuel line/tank filter or carb issues, if its sudden you ign may be grounding out somewhere...

bikercrazy99

Apr 26, 2006

bottom of the carb is clean inside where the petrol goes. i washed the power reeds.

b4 it dies out all the power goes completely and just about keep the bike on, then it dies out start it and it works completely normal again.

where the tank filter? inside the petrol tank or somthing?

+30

Aug 2, 2005
the shut off valve on most bikes has a small screen connected to it, its worth a look. check vent hoses for clogs, its a good idea to remove the carb completely clean it, a tiny bit of dirt can cause alot of problems...

bikercrazy99

Apr 26, 2006

so i take the 2 screws that holds the valve that shuts the petrol off, off, and clean it all and look for clogs, and in the other pipes connectin to the carb. and if that dont work clean the carb?

last christmas i sent my bike to a motorbike shop to fix cdi units , coils etc, it a CR250 coil on it rather than RM250, could that be the problem but only the past week or 2 it been cuting out

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
bikercrazy99 said:
rm250 1997 model, riding normal & it dies out then i start it & it works normal again. cab was clean and we cleaned the power reeds. and i dont know what could be wrong? any suggestions?

bornawildwelshchild@hotmail.com

Your tank vent line on gas cap isn't plugged is it? (or if you have a one-way valve in it; make sure its installed correctly...).

bikercrazy99

Apr 26, 2006

i just put it back n then try ot start look how much petrol i had i had none but i noticed some sand so i cleaned it out and waitin for it to dry and tomorrow test it. that mite b the prob

Top Bottom