Yamajeb

Feb 20, 2006
I'm picking up an RM65 for my son this Saturday and making plans to dial in the jetting . . .

turns out that this 65 - as well as the KX65 (same bike basically) and even the 65sx all have Mikuni VM24 carbys. According to my carb parts source, you need to go through OEM to get other jets or needles because they're not supported by aftermarket :coocoo:

Anybody know different? What are your jetting experiences with this kind of bike? Stock jets are a 180 MJ and a 25 PJ, the needle is some weird number: 5GSP68 I think.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yeah, I think that the main the large round Mikuni, available most anywhere. Once you get the bike, crack it open and take a look, then search the online retailers and see if you can find the right sizes. The needle will probably be the hardest, but you probably won't have to replace it, moving the clip should be enough.

Jul 4, 2006
Not to question why but my experience so far has been leave it alone (kx65 2007). Two weeks ago I put a DEP pipe on it no change needed, then this week Boyeson reeds and the plug is still a nice chocolate brown. Although last night it was in the high 40's and low humidity, come summer heat here it might need a change.

My son says it's like a whole different animal now, he has to really stay up over the bars. He blew over the top of some berms last night cause he didn't realize he was getting extra speed on these short straights at Dade City.

Best $100 I've spent on E-Bay so far. Still haven't decided on which reed cage to get that's why I just got the Boyeson's. I've seen some mini Dad's go with the rad-valve and have to change jetting where a couple others put the V-force in and not have to change. But hey right now he's real happy with the bike so I'll leave it alone for awhile.

Later........

Top Bottom