geir54

Oct 30, 2001
Im in the process of rebuilding the motor on my 92 cr250. When I bought it, it came with a flywheel weight installed. To take it of I had to use a large prybar and a lot of force to get it off. Also, I took the set screws all the way out. I didnt get any isntructions on it or any installation tool and when I talked to somone from steahly they said not to take out the set screws because they could come loose during use. So Im trying to decide if I should reuse the flywheel weight or just buy a new flywheel nut. If I do reuse the weight maybe I could put som locktite on the set screws but Im not sure how to reinstall it. I want to make sure its not going to come off. :think: Any thoughts?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
although stealhy knows their product more than I ever would I think I would reuse it if all you did was to take out the set screws. I would use new set screws and then stake them in<use a center punch and just mash a thread or two with the punch and a small hammer>. The thought of you using a large prybar to take it off though leaves a lot to imagine. if you put two bolts in the holes that they have and then used the prybar to spin it off kinda like a big spanner wrench and you didnt twist or bend anything I woudl dare to guess you would be ok.

steahly flywheel weights come witha little tool < small flat piece of steel with two holes drilled in it to bolt on and a square for your torque wrench> and they also sell a flywheel holding tool to keep the motor from spinning as you wrench tight.

If all the threads are in great shape and the weight isnt bent up or anything I would try and reuse it. But I would definately be taking it easy for quite a bit and checking it all the time before I had any confidence in it.

geir54

Oct 30, 2001
Do you know what they need to be torqued too? I've already made the tool and I think you can lock the engine by putting some clean rope in through the spark plug hole.

Top Bottom