Jh85

May 17, 2001
Depends what your looking for.

Scotts, WER or GPR

The Scotts is adjust on the fly. It seems like the most expensive and the most fully featured.

The WER stabilizer mounts on top of the front fender, you need to cut a hole in your # plate.

I don't know much about the GPR.

I think most people say that any of the three will make a huge difference. I hope to pick up my own this summer after getting a Fork Brace.

KtmRacer51

Apr 18, 2002
Any of the above mentioned are good buys I believe. Personally I have the Scotts and I wouldn't dare ride without it. Worth every cent!! The WER is about +-100 bucks or so cheaper, it doesnt allow you adjustment on the fly though. The Scotts and the GBR run about the same I believe and both offer on the fly adjustment. Have heard a comment about the GBR making the handling a little on the stiff side, but I've never used it so it's not a valid opinion. Hope this helps.............

Butterman

Mar 27, 2002
Scotts has a new low mount system,check out their web site under "new products" The CR/CRF kits are in stock ready to ship. YZ/YZF's are being made, KTM's will be next. This allows for full handlebar pads, also allows you to change bar positions without changing your stabilizer mount.
WDKcIERqSsxXusL.JPEG

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
We have two WER and one Scott's on our bikes. Any damper is better than none. Each has it's pluses and minuses.

There seems to be the idea that the SSS is somehow way more expensive than the others. I guess that's probably because whenever Scott's advertises it in the mags, they put up the full blown kit that comes with a new top clamp and protaper type bar. If you look at the websites, the prices are as follows:

WER - $359 for most bikes but you really need to get a headlight relocater kit from them, too. That page of their website is not working but it seems like that was $25 or so.

SSS - $399 for weld on post, $429 for bolt on.

GPR - $350 for normal size bars, $375 for fat bars. I haven't a clue why the charge more for fat bar clamps but they do.

So for my 01 400EXC with oversized bars, for example, to get a weld on kit in either GPR/SSS or to get the WER, the price spread is $375-$399, assuming the WER headlight bracket is $25. Even without the WER bracket, we're only talking $40 max spread.

My point here is to only show that price should really not dictate the decision on the damper.

The WER has some advantages (out of the way, can swap bar postions w/o having to buy a new top clamp) as well as some disadvantages (hacky install, can't adjust on the fly) compared to the GPR or SSS mounting position.

Lifetime warranty on the GPR is nice but I've had zero problems with my WER's or SSS in 4-5 years of riding so I don't know if that'd sway me or not. I'd love to have the thing off the bars and I've thought seriously about getting a WER for mine to do that. Probably won't since I already have the SSS installed but I have considered it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom