dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
YamaB said:
What are your opinions of what happend with JBS and the track worker??

From the gopro footage, it looks like the guy got out of the way in plenty of time... but then again... when you are traveling at JBS speed and you are coming off a jump and see someone in the track... I could see it really messing you up...

Still a bummer situation as I was looking forward to some good battles between JBS and the Dunge.

It's impossible for me to say if the trackworker influenced the JBS crash. Like you said, plenty of room, but perhaps Bubba lost focus for a second because of it.

Sucks that Bubba went out. It is a lot more fun to watch when he is out there, and he was flying this year.

What's the news on JBS' wrist injury? Is he out for awhile?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I have NO IDEA what it's like to go that fast, or what it's like to be looking that far ahead, but I'm pretty sure seeing the guy in the track would break my concentration. It was a pretty long, rutted-up section, maybe losing focus for that second, at that speed could do it.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
There's other views too besides his helmet cam. One is from a spectator on the other side of the track and further down track in the corner. Sure looks like James crashed LONG after the guy crossing the track. Had his rear end kick-up, swapped, and a high-side.

At first I didn't want to commit to taking a stance on "who's fault", but after seeing the other angle, I'm not buying the "distracted, lost focus" stuff.

Here it is...
http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/YOU-BE-THE-JUDGE-THE-STEWART-CRASH-FROM-A-TOTALLY-8998.aspx

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Doesn't appear to be blaming the guy ... just a distraction. Again, I have no idea what focus is like at that level, so.. unless I'm going to call him a liar :) , I'll take his word for it.

At my speed, yeah that guy walking across was 10 minutes out and not even in my line of sight :boss:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pOhdgkb01jo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
But James crashed, he knows it. He mentions a distraction, therefore blaming the guy. He didn't say "The guy wasn't an issue, I fell, my fault."

I like JS, but if I made an investment in him, I want to see more long term. Blazing fast, good behind a camera, contagious smile. Back it off a notch so your sponsors logos can be seen for the entire season.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This shows it, almost at speed.

Im not going to break it down to microns, I have no idea what it's like to go that fast and be expected to.

This would have broken what little concentration I have as a weekender at best, going into 300' long , 12" deep ruts.

You are in the air, landing about where the guy is and can't be sure where he'll go? Does he backtrack? Go left, right, freeze? Id also suggest (from that angle) it looked like JS was struggling with cross-rutting from the time he landed. Then again, I'm not a pro.

The vid shows the guy steps off the track AS JS is going by. Looks like the guy got sideways when he saw JS coming. Close enough IMHO. I give Stewart a pass this time.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_TJOzUUNs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Love the GoPro vids. It's just insane how fast those guys go and how far they jump.

Would not have expected that the guy was still in the middle of the track when JBS first saw him.

Distracting? You bet.

Dude should not have been on the track, but it's hard to say he 'caused' it though.

Kind of like if you crash your car into the center divider right after you pass a hot girl riding a bicycle in the bike lane.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I don't know looks as if James was in the air when the guy was crossing his view. That's definitely a distraction unless his bike has a rudder and ailerons.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm going to still sit back on my couch and say the guy didn't cause Stewart to crash. Broke his concentration, OK, maybe but the crash happened in the ruts way past where the guy crossed.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
If there had been a crash in front of Stewart, I don't think anyone would question the cause of the crash. The guy on the track IMO was enough to cause a distraction and at the speed he's going I'll give this one to him. Hope is back soon.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
At least we have the 250s to look forward to when we get tired of watching RD ride around out front.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
JS and RD are hauling the mail for sure, makes me wonder how Villi, Reed and Canard would be fairing. Any of them due back before the end of the season?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
20 minutes ago...

Although he doesn't give any definitive answer as to what his injuries are, Yoshimura Suzuki's James Stewart sounded encouraged on his Twitter feed this morning.

"So far everything looks good, but still waiting for a few more things," Stewart wrote. "Been nervous the last few days because I have been having a blast racing."

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Gawd I hope JBS comes back soon. 450's are BORING now w/ Dungey just out there doing laps, totally in his comfort zone, WAY ahead of everybody else.

250's are AMAZING this year though. I'm starting to feel bad for Kenny.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
What if the 450 class had #1, 5, 7, and 22 out there?

:whoa: Aaaaaa! the thought's overwhelming!

Dungey keeps it on two wheels, he's exactly where he belongs IMO. Just how DeCoster rode, in excellent shape, push hard near the end, don't ride over your head = championships. :cool:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
We are missing #41 as well.
I like Trey, he's commited, all-out, and I'm sure Honda likes his positive outlook and attitude on their bikes... but the kid just can't find a safe pace.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Dungey keeps it on two wheels, he's exactly where he belongs IMO. Just how DeCoster rode, in excellent shape, push hard near the end, don't ride over your head = championships. :cool:

I'm not criticizing him... He is a very good/smart rider... it just isn't very much fun to watch...

At least JBS is still fun to watch even with a big lead... because you never know what crazy and/or stupid things he is going to do... and even with a big lead, he is riding near the edge of disaster the entire time.

With Dungey, he just methodically works his way to the front... figures out a comfortable pace, and does laps until the finish/win.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Red Bud!!!

Someone's looking pretty dominant, smooth, and comfortable.

41 seconds over 2'nd place.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Red Bud!!!

Someone's looking pretty dominant, smooth, and comfortable.

41 seconds over 2'nd place.

My favorite part was watching Bagette nail larocco's leap lap after lap when nobody else in the 250 class was doing it. He even did it on the last lap when he didn't need to.

I am kind of bummed that I missed moto 2 in the 250 class since I wasn't able to find it on my cable guide. The tv schedule for this season is REALLY jacked up.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Big statements by Baggett and Dungey.

Sounds like Barcia has been training real hard and he rode about as well as he could. But he had nothing for Baggett.

Kudos to Alessi for coming back from his Moto 1 pile up to finish 2nd in Moto 2.

Bummer for Mike Brown. Flirting with the top 10 in Moto 1 only to DNF at the very end of the moto.

Good to see JBS back out there. Hopefully he will have better success in the upcoming rounds.

Great to see Dowd out there, too.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
Great to see Dowd out there, too.
The dude's hard core! 46 years old? :whoa:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom