Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Each time I take out my infrared converted Nikon D40x and play with it I learn a little more about it and further appreciate how much an inexpensive camera can do.

Here are a couple of pics from the summer while out riding my mountain bike. These are straight out of the camera with just a quick Levels tweak on a couple. The camera did all the hard work.

IR_321_a_SFX.jpg

IR_318_1a.jpg

IR_334.jpg

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A couple more ...

IR_345.jpg

IR_341.jpg

IR_350.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Last one :)

IR_335.jpg

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Amazing Rich!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks everyone. The infrared thing is really fun to fool around with.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
The results of viewing everything as seen in radiated kelvin temps only.
I knew a photographer that did a great deal of black & white work during world war II, for the U.S. army. I'm sure that he would have given any thing for a camera as you have used on this great work, shown here. Very nice!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Thanks PC - There is no doubt that the guys in the old days had to really work hard and have a ton of talent to get the memorable images that still look great today.

The gear is so good and so affordable now anyone get take great pictures.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
great photos...

i alway liked low key photography (or somewhat near, thats the way i see it. i tend to ignore the darkest areas)... and with your mix of infrared it really makes them look great...

i liked the second shot the best, albeit the 1st is a great shot as well.
some time ago while have a conversation with a friend i´ve said something like this: "well, for me it´s not important the time the viewer keeps looking at the photo. what matters is the feelings that one have. be it immediately or not. if that feelings are subliminal and on purpose then it´s pure art!"

guess what?!?!?!? :cool: :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
helio lucas said:
some time ago while have a conversation with a friend i´ve said something like this: "well, for me it´s not important the time the viewer keeps looking at the photo. what matters is the feelings that one have. be it immediately or not. if that feelings are subliminal and on purpose then it´s pure art!"

guess what?!?!?!? :cool: :cool:

I totally agree Helio. If a picture can prompt some sort of emotional response from the viewer I think it's a good photo. The technical stuff doesn't really matter at that point.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
High Lord Gomer said:
Too cool!

Thanks Gomer. Who knew science could be so fun? :whoa:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Awesome stuff Rich. :cool: