Stumped: Yz125 New Topend Crank Seals Fouls Plugs.

240drew

Feb 1, 2016
Bike is a 2000 yz125, however the after trial and error come to find out the engine is an 01.it has wiseco topend new gasket set. I did split the cases and resealed with yamabond #4. Crank seals on both sides replaced with oem yamaha parts... They are the 2001 parts. Carb is the 2000 TMX 36mm. New carb kit float height is good. 350main 35pilot 3clip from the top on the needle. FMF SST and shorty Boyesen Radvalve. Currently running 93@32:1 Amsoil Dominator.

Okay preliminary stuff out of Alright so first ride out i went through 3 plugs. Heat range 9. After warming up and beating on it for a few minutes the initial smoking goes down significantly. (This is normal) however im left with a pretty fair amount of blue smoke, especially when rev'd seems as though it also has a habit of loading up when it idles for any period of time (i purchased a 30&32.5 pilot to correct this possibly) also ordered a 330 main concerning the blue topend (going to change the pilot first) i also changed the needle position to drop it down one. Throttle response is leaving something to be desired, In contrast to the other bikes i see on the track it smoked a good amount more. Again as i said before it is fouling plugs, consistently. I do ride trails however i open it up as much as I possibly can and we have a good many open areas. My main thought is this though. Essentially all stock jetting except for the clip being lowered (leaned out) with the above mods should result in a lean mixture not rich as it seems to be presented. Am i missing something?

240drew

Feb 1, 2016
Old thread boss, yamabond #4 is adheasive sealant it is what is used from the factory to reseal cases. Please read above both case seals were replaced. The bike is running well now replaced carb with a 38mm moved to stock jetting remixed some good fuel and shes happy.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom