Suspension settings for 09 kx450 and 08 crf450

KXracer333

Oct 14, 2009
I was wondering if anyone on here would have a starting point for suspension settings on an 09 kx450 for my build. I just bought the bike and rather than trial and error the bike for hours, i'd rather set up the suspension based on my weight 245 and height 6'1" to save some time.

If there are any other riders that have this bike and are similar to my build and can offer up your suggestions that would be great.

I would also like to find some settings for my brother's bike, his build is weight 300 and height of 6'.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well I guess it depends on how fast you are and how you want it to perform? If you want the best suspension possible then you will need to go heavier on the springs as a certain starting point.

On my 09 I left the suspension bone stock this year because my son and I were sharing the 450 and at 215 and a slower vet rider I actually found it a little stiff at the stock clicker settings. I ended up softening things up a few clicks from stock. I tried MXA settings but found them too soft for my weight with the stock springs. Now that my son sold his 250 and has his own 450 I will get MX-Tech to set mine up specifically for me over the winter.

Top Bottom