musicman52485

Feb 19, 2004
Hey guys, I'm new here. I just aquired an 89' suzuki Rm 80. I can't get this thing started! The spark plug is sparking and then engine turns over fine. It seems to turn over easy, so i'm wondering if it's a compression problem. I just replaced the piston ring. Could it be the reeds or the carb? anything would help me. thanks in advance!
-matt

sampson

Nov 5, 2002
you replaced just the rings? the piston might be worn.you could check the compression to see if it has enough that would be a good place to start.it could be a number of thing though.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
Might want to check the fuel air mixture before you go too crazy about taking things apart. Sometimes it is even something as simple as the idle being too high. I would check all the simple possible problems. With any luck that is what it will be.

musicman52485

Feb 19, 2004
Well I cleaned up the carb and change plugs and you could tell it wanted to start up. But for the hell of it, i took off the cylinder and bam! there's the problem. There's practically no compression. I think i'll need a new piston and definetly a new ring. I'm so tempted to just get a new bike and if the repair bill goes over 300, i'll just get something newer.

Top Bottom