Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Ladies I thought I would send you an update on the TdN. Actually nothing has happened but I am working hard to get ready. We got our team jackets which are really cool and my helmet should be here tomorrow. We leave on the 24th and compete on the 28th. This years event is near Porto, Portugal and the place looks awesome. I am so excited I only ride 1 day and not 6. My husband is glad too because it will be less stressful for sure.

Right now my bike is out of order waiting for a new piston. I have ridden that poor Gas Gas to it death. Fortunately I will be on a rental bike for the TdN and it will be brand new. If you visit www.trials.co.uk on the 28th or 30th they might have listed the results. The European girls are going to be tough to beat for sure. Not to mention the ages of the 3 women on the US team are 30, 36, 42. I would have to guess that the European teams are more like 19 - 24. Oh well what can you do but go for it.

Thanks for all your support!!!

Nicole

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Good Luck!!!!!!! I still have not forgotten our talk about finding something inspirational for you!! You'll do great and you have a lot of fans rooting for you.

Don't forget to sample the really good port wines in Porto, Portugal (after the TdN!!)

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Go, Girlrider!!!

I'm so happy to know that you and Kerrie are riding in TdN.

I didn't know anything about trials before, but I just started learning about it a month ago when I went to watch a trial race Karna told me about. I thought it was COOL! I also tried a couple of different trials bikes there. I thought it was fun, because I only rode where I could ride without falling.

I imagine the courses for you are real tough. But I believe that you will do great in the race. Please ride safe and have fun!! I will be thinking of you in Cape Cod, MA (where I am attending a wedding) on 28th.
We are proud of you, Nicole!

Mini :thumb:
P.S. Did you know that one of the top trial riders in the world is a Japanese guy?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Nicole, whatever goal you have set yourself, remember this, no matter what, there are plenty of people who are proud of you and feel privileged to know you (even those of us who have never met you but have got to know you a bit via DRN). I would love to send you something but have not come across anything yet. Be sure, however, that my thoughts & well-wishes are with you. Take care & good luck.

Mini, as for Fujigas (Fujinama), it's amazing to see how he's progressing over the years. I just got the tape of the 2001 indoors series (it was on special, I HAD to buy it) and loved it when he tried to get some accolades from the Spanish crowd. He is a character.
Michelle

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Good luck, Nicole! We're rooting for you gals all the way, even if we can't be there in person. :thumb:

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Mini,

I will get to watch Fujinami ride on Sunday which will be cool. I will take a picture of him for you. He is ever so close to beating Dougie Lampkin and it won't be long.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom