Ted Nugent on VA Tech and School shootings

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The USA has 14 deaths per 100000 people as the direct result of guns, even us liberal Canadians with a total BS gun control system has about 4 deaths per 100000 people.
MANY more HUGE inter-cities bro. Simple. Higher concentrations of crime of all kind.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Okiewan said:
MANY more HUGE inter-cities bro. Simple. Higher concentrations of crime of all kind.

Wouldn't it be worth while to teach the gang members, drug addicts, etc. to shoot accurately. Then maybe the problem there would take care of itself.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
RocketRaccoon said:
Every time something like this happens...it goes even further underground. It would take a revolution to dig it up and I just don't see it happening.

P.S. - If anyone does want to start a revolution...count me in. :)

It will happen, but you may have to stock pile for awhile! Call me doom and gloom but .....

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Dallas, TX
I just met a guy this weekend that defended himself from an intruder that broke into his house because he owned a handgun. They seen a wheel chair ramp still intact on the front porch from his father who recently passed. They thought he was disabled and walked straight into the front door and pushed him back down into his chair when he stood up because they though he was disabled. They proceeded into the bed room and started digging in the closet. He surprised them by owning a hand gun and when they went to take the gun away from him, he put 2 rounds into the guy. The intruder had long record and was taking PCP at the time. The guy lived but is in prision for a long time.

I do not know the exact details and telling the story second handed. The case was well investigated and my new friend has my blessing that he is still alive.

Speak up Ted!! Tell it like it is. This is one more reason to own a hand gun. I do believe in gun control to keep guns from the criminals (if it works) and to keep handguns from the mentally unstable. Registering a gun makes you responsible for the gun. It is not a complete solution but a solution. Defending yourself and family is your right as a US citizen. You will have to peel my gun from my cold dead hand.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
There was a guy a few years ago here locally that was shopping at a local mall, when a guy followed him to his car and pulled a pellet gun on him. The assailant ordered the guy out of his car, and when the guy saw the gun (looks like a real .45 cal 1911) he took out his 9mm and emptied the clip into the carjacker.

The local administration, which was predominantly liberal, had it's sights on putting this particular citizen away. Especially when they found out the guy's CC permit had just expired.
Lots of rhetoric flying around about how he was just as guilty of a gun crime as the assailant.
Local outrage started almost immediately, and the guy was cleared of any charges...and in fact was given a couple of citations of valor from local orginizations.
Btw...my state now provides CC permits without expiration dates.

What I find funny is how folks who are against citizens owning guns are considered "gun control" advocates. These folks are not gun control advocates, but rather gun banning advocates.
Good citizens who back our constitutional right to bear firearms are the advocates of gun control, as there wouldn't be 1 in a million good gun toting citizens that advocates allowing guns to be handed out carte blanc, without any sort of checks or controls.

I also find it funny how the mainstream media presents this issue. They focus on the gun banning politicians, and what they have to say about the situation.... Most of which are only asking that we have a "conversation" about the issue, as it seems they feel that a good dialogue is all that's needed to solve a problem.
Most of the leftist politicians are running and hiding frm the issue, as they feel it is the one issue that kills there chances at the ballot box. Besides, you won't find one of them with any sort of suggestions other than we simply need to rid the earth of guns so we can all enjoy peaceful nirvana together.

Folks, take the time to read our US Constitution. Don't take others words for what it says, or doesn't say.
When you come to the part about us owning firearms and starting militias, note that the main issue was for us to be able to protect ourselves from tyrannical government. Not outside tyrannys, but rather tyranny from within our own borders.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul - how many other of the candidates on either side would say this?

The senseless and horrific killings last week on the campus of Virginia Tech University reinforced an uneasy feeling many Americans experienced after September 11th: namely, that government cannot protect us. No matter how many laws we pass, no matter how many police or federal agents we put on the streets, a determined individual or group still can cause great harm. Perhaps the only good that can come from these terrible killings is a reinforced understanding that we as individuals are responsible for our safety and the safety of our families.

Although Virginia does allow individuals to carry concealed weapons if they first obtain a permit, college campuses within the state are specifically exempted. Virginia Tech, like all Virginia colleges, is therefore a gun-free zone, at least for private individuals. And as we witnessed, it didn’t matter how many guns the police had. Only private individuals on the scene could have prevented or lessened this tragedy. Prohibiting guns on campus made the Virginia Tech students less safe, not more.

The Virginia Tech tragedy may not lead directly to more gun control, but I fear it will lead to more people control. Thanks to our media and many government officials, Americans have become conditioned to view the state as our protector and the solution to every problem. Whenever something terrible happens, especially when it becomes a national news story, people reflexively demand that government do something. This impulse almost always leads to bad laws and the loss of liberty. It is completely at odds with the best American traditions of self-reliance and rugged individualism.

Do we really want to live in a world of police checkpoints, surveillance cameras, and metal detectors? Do we really believe government can provide total security? Do we want to involuntarily commit every disaffected, disturbed, or alienated person who fantasizes about violence? Or can we accept that liberty is more important than the illusion of state-provided security?

I fear that Congress will use this terrible event to push for more government-mandated mental health programs. The therapeutic nanny state only encourages individuals to view themselves as victims, and reject personal responsibility for their actions. Certainly there are legitimate organic mental illnesses, but it is the role of doctors and families, not the government, to diagnose and treat such illnesses.

Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
XRpredator said:
Great Jack Lord's hair, Vic, I'd guess that too, but I'd like to hear an opinion from him once in a while

Good Lord, there's a change. Some here used to ask me to shut up. ;)

My opinion on the issue should be pretty obvious to those who have been around for awhile. I'm a libertarian and a strict constructionist of the constitution. Thus, when it says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." . . .

The word "infringe", means "to encroach or trespass".

Therefore, the government should not trespass on the people's right to keep and bear arms. Period. Any law which regulates that right is unconstitutional - until such time as the constitution is properly amended.

Political positions are actually very simple when one applies what was clearly written without adding to or taking away.

Note that the constitution/bill of rights defaults towards the rights of the people, not the rights of the government.

Thus, when the 4th Amendment says,

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

That should be liberally interpreted in favor of the rights of the people. Therefore, many of the recent provisions like the patriot act are unconstitutional. e.g. warrantless wiretaps, etc. . .

Again, if people/politicians think the Patriot Act provisions are necessary, then they can try to amend the constitution and change the rights enumerated in the 4th Amendment. Until then. . .

The 10th Amendment should be REALLY obvious as well, but it apparently no long exists in practice. The 10th reads:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

How many things does Fed Gov do that are not specifically delegated to it in the constitution?

One glaring example would be an established and standing army. The constitution is very clear:

"The Congress shall have power to . . . To declare war . . . To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years; To provide and maintain a navy;

The Founders evidently intended to have a "standing" navy to protect our borders from the water, but to make it more difficult to have a standing army (from their writings, this was because the founders feared standing armies - in part because the founders were non-interventionists).

This does NOT mean we don't need a standing army TODAY. What it means is that the constitution specifically addressed the issue, the constitution is (allegedly) the supreme law of the land, and the constitution has not been amended to allow for funding of the current standing army that we have. Thus, the army is unconstitutional.

People and politicians used to take the constitution seriously (and literally). Remember prohibition of alcohol (arguably a "drug")?

The constitution was amended to prohibit alcohol (amendment 18). When prohibition proved to be a terrible failure, the constitution was re-amended to repeal prohibition (Amendment 21).

This proves 3 things.

1: If the people and politicians really want somethingto be changed, they can actually follow the proper procedures and amend the constitution.

2: If the amendment proves to be worse than the prior version of the constitution, then the amendment can be repealed upon further review.

3: ALL current federal laws regulating drugs are unconstitutional. If the constitution had to be amended to prohibit the sale of alcohol (because the constitution did not allow the fed gov to prohibit alcohol otherwise), then show me the provision of the constitution that addresses drugs? Note that various drugs existed up to the time of the 18th amendment and that kids could go down to the drug store and buy the same ones that people do 10-20 years in prison for buying today.

This does not mean that drugs should or should not be regulated. That's up for debate. It means that the current laws are not permissible under the constitution.

One last thing - abortion. Rep Ron Paul has delivered 4000 babies, is a Christian and is pro life. However, his position on abortion is that the constitution does not allow the fed gov to regulate it - thus the issue should be left in the hands of the states. I agree. It's much easier to affect the opinion/position of legislators at the state level than at the federal level.

There's my opinion, Pred. Probably more than you wanted, but it should clarify my opinion on just about any political issue.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
robwbright said:
My opinion on the issue should be pretty obvious to those who have been around for awhile. I'm a libertarian and a strict constructionist of the constitution. Thus, when it says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." . . .

(three pages later ;))

There's my opinion, Pred. Probably more than you wanted, but it should clarify my opinion on just about any political issue.
By the Beard of Zeus, rob, I'm glad it was more than a cut'n'paste'n'run for a change, but I wasn't looking for a Jaybird Manifesto ;), just your opinion on this subject.

and, before you *or* Jaybird get your underpants in a bunch, remember that my tongue is always firmly planted in my cheek.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
robwbright said:
Political positions are actually very simple when one applies what was clearly written without adding to or taking away.

One glaring example would be an established and standing army. The constitution is very clear:

"The Congress shall have power to . . . To declare war . . . To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years; To provide and maintain a navy;

If you read this without adding or taking away, as you say, it would seem clear to me that the APPROPRIATION OF MONEY would need to be renewed every two years, as they do.

Every new congress has to reapprove spending on the military budget. It says nothing in that paragraph about the army only being constitutional for a 2 year period. Most likely because they knew we'd probably need it for more than 2 years.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My drawers are always bunched up to begin with, Pred. :)

Rob, do continue to provide your opinions with any further cut-n-pastes...it makes things so much nicer.

(good eye, Indy!)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
robwbright said:
Good Lord, there's a change. Some here used to ask me to shut up. ;)

My opinion on the issue
As one who in the past wished not that you would shut up but would cease cut n paste manifestos and post an origonal opinion I say thank you for expressing it finally.
We will not often agree on subjects but when it is in your own words and thoughts I will pay attention to it.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
XRpredator said:
my tongue is always firmly planted in my cheek.

I was wondering what that was. :ohmy:

:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom