Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thank you everyone for the memories. This year rocked for me.

Dirtweek was really great this year because, although smaller than usual, it was a mix of old and new faces. DRNers are always great folks and everyone I met has a special place in my heart.

As always thanks first go to Okie, Scooter, Pokie, Shiftless, Crispy, Fast Forward and Thump for a their work hosting a great party.

Second thanks go to our title sponsors. Please EVERYONE thank them personally for supporting our habit.

Will Patterson - Tucker Rocky - Answer Racing, Pro Taper, MSR
wpattison@tuckerrocky.com
Jeff Hirshberg - MXSOUTH
jeff@mxsouth.com
Kris Brown - Cooperland Raceway
kris@cooperlandraceway.com
Who have I left out? Please jump in if you know of others!

Names and comments after I manage to sleep a few hours as I fear I may leave out some names!

Last edited:

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
Hey Tony, stopped by to say goodbye, you must have been out riding. I had to take off around 1:00pm so I could get home in time for some family activities.

Good talking to you, thanks again for all the hospitality.

BW

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
A Very Large Thank You!!!

Yes, thanks to all who made DW happen!

So much work to be done each day/event that I was humbled by the dedication of Okie, Tony, Chris, Jim and all the folks who helped make it happen. Thanks to Grady and Lorin for being the un/official 500 guides. ^5 to Big Lou for bringing the great graphics!

My family and I want to thank all who were there! We felt welcome and instantly part of the family, from the moment we stepped onto the red dirt! It was, by far, the greatest vacation we've ever had!

BTW, Tony, on our way out Sunday morning, before we cleared the gate, Michelle was crying her eyes out! Martina asked her why and she replied "I'm going to miss those guys so much!"

Honestly I had to choke back a tear or two myself.

DesertDiva

Jul 25, 2005
Hello, all --

My first date with VD was to see Dust to Glory last April, and I'm pretty sure I heard about Dirt Week from him that same night over dinner.

I registered on this site a few months later when I'd heard enough to know that I wanted to come along with him this year. The first forum threads I read (from start to finish -- I spent hours here!) were memories of DWs past, and those lists all started with mentions of spode washes and pigouts.

The spode wash lived up to the hype, as did the 110 pounds of smoked meat delivered by the local Masons on Saturday night. What I wasn't prepared for was the absolutely gorgeous landscape of and around the track and camping area, the perfect weather day and night, and most of all the incredibly welcoming and friendly bunch you are!

I was inspired by every rider I saw -- especially Nikki and Jenny and Buko (and Michelle and Stephanie!) -- and since Wes just bought Okie's 450, guess who's graduating from the CT70 to the WR250?

Over and over you guys talk about this group at Dirt Week feeling like family, and having seen it firsthand, I have no doubt that it comes from the fact that at the core of this event -is- a family: Okie's.

Thank you Okie, and your sister and your momma and everyone. I hope to see you all again next year.

-- Andria in New Mexico
( 2005: :ride: 2006: :aj: )

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
it was great to meet you! Glad to hear you had fun. Who knows, with enough practice, you may even be able to "catch VD" on that Yamaha! :laugh:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
A wonderful time again...even better this year since I got to bring Clay (aka stoppie king) and Shelby. Shelby was repeating a similar thing as Michelle (on the way out, on the way home, and while cleaning all that red dirt off everything) why does it have to be over??? She misses Michelle and Stephanie big time.

Thanks to Okie, Pokie, Shiftless, Crispy, Jim, and Scooter for making it happen. And of course Tony, Jeff, and the other Tejasians for hauling, setting up, and tearing down all the tents, grills, coolers...not to mention serving up some kick-butt food.

And what's not been said online: not even one ambulance or helicopter had to visit us this year. Kudos to all who helped make THAT happen.

Only ~355 days until next one at Cooperland!!!!

Doug, Clay, Shelby

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
As in the past, it was great to see old friends, and make new ones. I don't know how, but each year seems better. From Kenny's foam pit adventures, to great coffee from JunkJeeps Mark, to the 500, to eating donuts during a race. It just don't get any better.

Tony/Jeff, I don't know how you guys do it, but you seem to really enjoy seeing others enjoy themselves. :cool:

I really enjoyed the kiddos this year that were hanging around camp Tejas, (Dave, give Michelle a hug for me, she is a keeper!). I don't usually get the time to talk to the kids, but found it quite refreshing this year. Michelle,Clay,Shelby,Steven you guys rock!

It was cool to see Okie actually enjoying the woods, even after he broke some toes. :yikes:

Lou in the foam pit, and in the COTT :boss: race. (rematch!)

There are too many names to mention, but this family get-together gets better every year. :nod:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
D Lafleur said:
Grady,
How was that ride home with the most unique tow vehicle setup?

Since we left in the dark, it was rather interesting. Once on the freeway, it was not TOO bad.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
grady,
you need to find a crash test dummy and mount it on/under that scooter while going down the road. hehehe

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
tx246 said:
grady,
you need to find a crash test dummy and mount it on/under that scooter while going down the road. hehehe

Just what I need, a better reason for the Cops to stop me.

Brian and I have a bet, he thinks I will get stopped first for the setup on my front bumper, before he gets stopped for hot rodding his Mustang. A bet I hope to lose. :yikes:

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Grady said:
Just what I need, a better reason for the Cops to stop me.

Brian and I have a bet, he thinks I will get stopped first for the setup on my front bumper, before he gets stopped for hot rodding his Mustang. A bet I hope to lose. :yikes:

Grady, you will have an easier time with the occifer if you are stopped as opposed to Brian. Brian will pay, you may get a lecture.

I would be willing to bet against you crossing LA with that setup on a Saturday, I 10, not the short I 20 crossing. Our DOT is here to punish everyone!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You don't actually buy from TR ... they are the master distributor for Answer, MSR and ProTaper. Buying any of that product from anywhere; hint.. MXSOUTH... /hint, will do just fine :cool:

Crunch

Feb 9, 2004
ChopperDave said:
Yes, thanks to all who made DW happen!

My family and I want to thank all who were there! We felt welcome and instantly part of the family, from the moment we stepped onto the red dirt! It was, by far, the greatest vacation we've ever had!

Ditto to that one Dave.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Good times had by all, no doubt. Always wondered why awesomeness always ends with an inevitable misinterpretation of expectations. Ultimately one must realize that joy is somewhat fleeting and must be savored for the moment. There’s never going to be eternal bliss when a one must accept one’s isolated selfishness, which turns out to be nothing more that self doubt, or loathing, or just plain avoidance of responsibility. Why drag some innocent into a vortex of idiosyncrasy when sometimes it is best to accept the unacceptable…some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy of doom, no doubt. Still you are forced to wonder why some seem to deny the inevitability of happiness in a realm of unburned hydrocarbons and sautéed onions on piles of grilled beef. What predictably happens is what should happen, and in the end the characters seem to do better for themselves in spite of circumstances which were not under their control. For heaven’s sakes, one day you’re perfectly content on the world’s most awesome, not to be exceeded two-stroke machine, then you suddenly discover that four strokes are more incredible than imagined. What can you do but put those twos out to pasture (in a cheap tin shed) and invest in the incredibleness of the fours. But what is gained? You got older and the investment was a disappointment because you are who you are and you can’t ride any better on new horse than you could on the lame one. So what of your old responsibilities? Do you trade them for new? Of course not, you’ve got to keep your promises and be all that you must. So what if you didn’t step into a new, previously unexplored dimension.

Green chile stew is simmering in the cast iron, and the wine is short circuiting the doubt. That’s what I’m talking about.

Got that GD TR6R back together and most of the lubricant is still inside after seventy-two hours and three heat cycles. What more can you ask for on a Friday night.

Consider this a resurrection of an old, and fond, memory.

Be warned, this is what happens when you do your laundry on Friday night.

Carry on.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
VintageDirt said:
You can say that again.

What was I thinkin' (drinkin').

Indeed doing laundry(code for drinkin' alone), and posting are fraught with danger.

Top Bottom