BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Craig_enid, OKKX'r, justql, and I met up for our first ride together since July 5th. OKKX'r was on his new-to-him 2000 KX 250 and he was pumped for a ride. We got suited up and hit the enduro trail. I'm still healing from a dislocated elbow and was not going to ride more than about half speed. We got a half mile into the course and justql's bike died. The throttle cable had come loose from the slide. A fairly quick fix and we are off again. The trails were dusty but I don't think anyone really cared. We stop for a quick break and head off for the big revine. OKKX'r and I just kept on truckin' until the next trail intersection. Craig_enid and justql were not behind us. Within a couple of minutes we hear them coming up the trail, justql found the biggest mudhole in the place and dove right in. ;) Another short breather and we skip the really, really tight trail(formerly the red loop). We are buzzing along and the Mamba just died. Plenty of gas, gas ON, and just nothing. I kick the starter and she light's right up. This would come in to play again.
We are in the SW corner of the 500 and take the enduro trail into the revine. Along the way, the Mamba sticks WFO! I jam on the break and hit the kill switch. New cable, so the problem is in the carb. I take the lead and we continue on. 7 weeks off of the bike and it is like learning all over again. I feel like a pin ball. We head onto the east 80 and actually start to get a rythme. Unfortunately, we hit an open area and the Mamba goes WFO, again! We are deep into the east 80 so it was 50/50 on which way to get out.
Getting back to the 500, we hit the middle section and then back to the blue loop. The Mamba sticks open 2 more times on the way back to the truck. :debil: I decide to load up and not risk anymore tree riding with a sticking carb slide. All and all a great ride as always with the group. Looking forward to DW02. :thumb:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Never a dull moment with you guys is there? I had to work today but was thinking about how I wanted to be on my bike the entire time. I still have a bunch of work left to do on my house but plan on getting enough done this week to go ride on Wednesday or Thursday after work. Brian it is good to hear that your elbow is getting better. Nothing like a wide open KX to increase your flexability. Maybe I'll catch you guys next time.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Flexibility! How about "pucker factor".:scream:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Yep it was good to be on a bike again. It had been 2 MONTHS since I had ridden. The bike was not jetted right. I spent most of the day fighting the rich bike. I also obviously do not know how to fasten the end of the throttle cable to the slide. It came loose twice. The second time craig put it back in and it stayed.
The first loop was around 15 miles. We all took turns leading and following with OKKXer and Craig_enid being the fastest. I was the only one to go down. A nice mud puddle with a little root at an angle on the side. I hop the front end over the root only to have the front end come down in a rut. I hit the ground hard. No major injuries.

I swear that when OKKXer's kx saw an OCCRA sign it sped up and wagged it's fender. He was hauling today as was craig. I'm glad some one is up to speed.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
So do your doctors aprove of this type of physical therapy? LOL
Really, glad to here you guys are getting better.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
So do your doctors aprove of this type of physical therapy? LOL
Sure, they have kids to put thru college. ;)

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
It was a blast to finally get a ride in. Nothing like a red dirt booger to confirm that you had a good time!
OKKXer was top dog, today, with Swift nursing the elbow and throttle cable, and Justql fighting the mid-throttle richies.
It's just plain fun to chase your buds around the trails.....:)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by craig_enid
Nothing like a red dirt booger to confirm that you had a good time!

i was just thinking how you were the most normal one of us because you avoided the latter half of the "mamba whacking" thread. then you threw that one out. :confused:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
It's just plain fun to chase your buds around the trails.....
One of life's great joys! Hint for maximum enjoyment: pick riding partners with oddly colored bikes.
You talk about a group- on any given day any one of us will be riding the best. (not that we would push it or anything while enjoying nature)

Last edited:
Top Bottom