Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
http://dirtrider.net/images/DRN03F2.jpg

There are a couple of little tweaks, but this is it!
(color correction and some type)

Thanks to Dave for the pic and Pokie for taking care of all the details!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
For those of you that don't know...

That US Flag has been Flown at all DirtWeek's AND...
Sent to DRN Member Marine Sgt. "Kav" in Afghanistan, where it was taken on-board a Harrier to "unspecified locations" to drop some "Greetings from the USA, Mr. Taliban" . It also flew over Camp there, as well as the Capital of Wisconsin prior to that. That flag has some serious mileage on it!

We were honored that Kav, back from the middle east, was able to deliver the DW Flag at DW 03! If you missed the National Anthem that morning, with our vet brothers at attention holding that flag, you missed out BIG TIME. If you were there and a tear did not fall...

(In the group shot, Kav is on the left (blue Fox gear) holding the flag. "oldguy", who originally donated the flag, is holding the flag, just right of the star field)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And on another note:
PLEASE remember to support those comapnies that support us! All those give-aways were supplied by companies that "get-it". They understand that those that attend DirtWeek are the ones that matter. ANY company will take your money, not many will give something back.

A HUGE thanks needs to go to those sponsors!

Asterisk
ProClean 1000
Works Connection
MXSouth
MXTech
ProCircuit
BillyWho
Twin Air
Performax Products
Dubach Racing
Forward Motion Racing
Cycle Zone KTM
Briggs & Straton Power Products
Yamaha
Oneal
Thor
Wyndham Hotels
Ogio
Shoei
20-20 Racing

B

biglou

Cool! :thumb: I think I see myself (just outside the top right corner of the "A" in "SAMPLE").

As for the sponsors, well, I can't get Billy to take any money from me :laugh: and I did order my new Shoei VFX-R Air Rabid (blue, of course) from Jeff at MXSouth, just repacked the Big Gun with Performax, put a nice glide plate on the kTm last year from Works Connection, waiting for Zoomer to find me a power washer, always refer kTm guys to and bought all my orange bike parts from Mike @ CycleZone, will be replacing the 426 with a blue 450 one of these days-complete with Dr.D D-shaped pipe, the list goes on and on...!!! :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Okie has keyboard-finger-itis... keeps missing the "3" and hitting either 2 or 4
hehehehe...

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Minor correction the flag origonally flew over the USA Capital then made the trip to Wis. Once here it flew at the funerals of 2 fallen law enforcement officers, the State law enforcemnet memorial, and my home between happier times at Dirtweeks.
It was truley an honor that Kav would fly it during an active involvement under taken by the US Marine Corp in defense of the worlds freedom. I teared up a I watched Kav and Tony unfurl and display it at Cooperland this year. It will be in many more DW posters as time goes on

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome shot! Thanks to everyone involved!

I think I'll hang mine over the mantle :confused:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Originally posted by SqueakyGirl
I think I'll hang mine over the mantle :confused:

Right next to your Dirt Week Poker Run Trophy ?? :thumb:

Good photo. I can hardly wait to get mine in the mail.

Mully

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Mully

Right next to your Dirt Week Poker Run Trophy ?? :thumb:

:aj: Hell yeah!

Is the actual poster size posted anywhere, so I can put a frame on my Christmas list? :confused:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks a bunch!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Sweet. Gives me chills. Thanks to all for such a great way to remember a great time with great friends. I only put 165 miles on my bike in 6 days, what does that say about the company I keep? :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'm a tad disappointed me 'n Oldguy's arousing kiss didn't make the final cut. I really thought it captured the spirit of DW.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Wed Dec 17 is DEADline...... hurry if you wouldlike this anniversary poster....

Top Bottom