D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Pierre, you also learned not to glue your front wheel to the rear wheel of the ride leader who is looking for the singletrack off the main trail and may slam on the brakes and pull a U-turn at any moment. Tell me your life didn't flash before your eyes. Or at least a large KTM/Honda yard sale.

I guess I learned to use a "slowing down" hand signal even though I don't think anybody is within 50 yards of me.

I learned how to pretend "I meant to do that!" when I come up to the stopped group at high speed (trying to catch them after being separated), lock up both brakes in the sand, slide between side-by-side Randy and Susan, turning my bars so as not to hit their bars as I slide to a stop a bike length in front of them. Now I know how Pierre felt.

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
I learned that as a local, it is a lot of fun to lead a ride of desert newbies just so you can see smiles on their faces.

I also learned that if you are a native, you get used to the endless miles of whoops... The newbies just keep asking when they are going to end...

I learned to never try and push your bike through a rock garden just to get to a new trail because you will drop it on a big friggin rock and taco the radiator so you can't race in the first race of the year that is happening the next day. :whiner:

No matter how many people I introduce myself to, I never meet everyone...

Brandon

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
TwistNShout said:
Sounds like you all had a blast as always. What a great organized ride that Firecracker started!
I think Strick and whoever else picked Reno the first year get more credit. I just picked the date and the company. I think Oregon or NorCal were two of the original options we looked at.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I learned that eating Mexican at the Peppermill food court (the line was short and how bad could it be) is not the best choice the night before driving a 1000 miles.

But at least Tonopah will remember me. :uh:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I learned that you should probably fix whatever is causing those metal shavings in your oil, BEFORE going on vacation. and that galant2nr really needs his suspension done.

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
dave186 said:
and that galant2nr really needs his suspension done.

Once you guys get started doing suspension let me know where to send my stuff, I'd rather trust you on it than some company that just knows me as an invoice number.
You guys missed me turning one of my radiators into a Taco shortly after our ride on Saturday. :joke:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
You guys missed me turning one of my radiators into a Taco shortly after our ride on Saturday
Doh!

Well we didnt get to ride Saturday either because Dave's bike ate its roller rockers. But its already up and going again. So I hung out in town with the wife. When ever you are ready to do your suspension just let us know. I actually opened the doors here on monday. That ride you led us on was a blast. I love them whooped out washes! :aj:

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Galant2nr,
Unfortunately, there were only 2 of us to witness the radiator carnage! Sorry you missed the race, but you will NEVER forget that ride. To boldly go where no man has gone before...
We forgot to tell you that anyone who rides with us on a Yamaha usually offers a parts sacrifice to the motorcycle gods. Nobody can fix that radiator :| . It was good meeting you man, I hope the bike is running soon. Nice line through the boulder field!

Other things I learned.
Dirt Bike Dave + Moonrocks = Damage
Either I need to spend more time socializing or everyone else needs to spend more time riding.
Strick is a good guy, and he rides better now than he used to. (sandbagger! and for the last time black plates are C class)
If my brother rode as good in the races as he does when he's following me, he'd have some of those 'C' plates too.
Reno Ray is a good guide.
Kelly's 520 likes the desert, except those icy downhills. Is it easier to stop if you go down sideways?
I saw some gnarly crashes by dudes on Kawi's. Micks buddy had the best one. I stopped counting front fender pieces at 27. Do you remember your name yet. And yes, that was a rock you hit.
I got to meet the Fantasy SX champ :thumb: .
Big Lou is not as big as before.
I found some new trails for Zio.
Kevin breaks things.
Sharla, 2 words for your boyfriend. Front Tire
Uncle Moose is cool.
$2:50 breakfast is not always a good deal.
Bbom has an interesting technique to get down icy slopes. The woman is tough!
Good food and beer with friends is a perfect way to end a day!
I'll try to meet more people next year! It's good to see the charter members every year.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
380EXCman said:
Doh!

Well we didnt get to ride Saturday either because Dave's bike ate its roller rockers. But its already up and going again. So I hung out in town with the wife. When ever you are ready to do your suspension just let us know. I actually opened the doors here on monday. That ride you led us on was a blast. I love them whooped out washes! :aj:
you could have rode if you wanted! but i sure wasnt gonna stay in town!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
angry jim said:
Sharla, 2 words for your boyfriend. Front Tire

Yeah once that was on he did even better! I think I'll put that old trials POS back on so he doesn't catch up to me so fast.

The crappy thing is, after all that work, he hardly rode the DT--On Sunday, he rode Kav's 250 for quite a while, then Gordy's 450, and Keith's GasGas, and even Karl's 500 a little bit.

Hey Jim PM me.

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
angry jim said:
Galant2nr,
Unfortunately, there were only 2 of us to witness the radiator carnage! Sorry you missed the race, but you will NEVER forget that ride. To boldly go where no man has gone before...
We forgot to tell you that anyone who rides with us on a Yamaha usually offers a parts sacrifice to the motorcycle gods. Nobody can fix that radiator :| . It was good meeting you man, I hope the bike is running soon. Nice line through the boulder field!

It was worth it to miss the race just to tell me friends about that ride we had. I knew I was in over my head 2 minutes into the ride but I had to play macho and try to keep up.
I don't think it is just Yamaha guys, didn't Dirt Bike Dave blow up his CR last year with you guys too?
I look forward to riding with you guys again next year, I better stop typing and start training if I am going to be ready...

Brandon

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
380EXCman said:
Doh!

What's the business contact information so I can get ahold of you?

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What's the business contact information so I can get ahold of you?
Tried to email you byt it didnt work.... You can email me at veronp@velocitus.net or call us at the shop 208-376-8324.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom