Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So I go out to take a dip in the cement pond ... and there they were. Eating my vegatation! I knew she was a Dallas chick, the mall hair gave it away.

First, I saw mom.

Attachments

• cow1.jpg
    cow1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 129

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I'd really love to see those animals first hand. I can't get over it. I went to Florida for vacation last winter. But I was mostly in Orlando and Tampa so I didn't get to see any animals wild that I haven't before, only in zoo's. Which sometimes aren't always that fun.

Last edited:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
yeah, haha. i noticed what i said right after i posted, but i mean it was a general comment..to all the other pictures of animals you've posted.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Thanks elliot.. but I'm pretty sure you've got cows in Canada :)

:laugh: I'm trying to get elliot out to the MX tracks, little did I know how much of an experience leaving the city was going to be for him :cool:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Hahaha.. I've never been around many animals. I used to live far up north in Saskatchewan, La Ronge, not sure if you'll know where that is. Only recently have I moved down south. I lived up north from ages 0-14 and a half. The only animals i've seen up there were Crows, Bears, Deer, and Moose. Haha.

Chili, you must know where Flin Flon is. It's North East of there.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Yeah, the only cows ive seen, were ones from a farm. and black and white. never seen a wild one before. i'm assuming that is wild right? haha.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Hahaha. Honest, living up north is like living in a dungeon. No cities within 3 hours. 4 000 population. This forum's fun, actually. I tried transworld for awhile..as well as another forum. Didn't like it at all.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
you came to florida and didnt get to see any gators :bang:
next time your down this way give me a shout

place we ride at has deer, hawks, eagles, buzzards,gators wild boar
turtles that charge you on the trail and every other kind of varmit we even got some armidillo's here

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
All right, that I will do. Not sure If I'll ever be down there again. I couldn't imagine riding with charging turtles..haha. BTW, i stayed at Orange Lake, just outside of Kissimee i think.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
In case anyone is wondering why I was taking pics of cows, lol ...
I made a change to the custom functions of the camera... moved the focus off the shutter button and put it on back. For sports (or anything that moves) it's pretty cool for several reasons, but takes some getting used to.

How sharp is the Sigma 70-200 ? Here is a 100% crop. Most images will look pretty sharp when reduced in size, the real test is how good it looks at 100%. This was not messed with in Photoshop and not sharpened in the camera.

Attachments

• cow_100percent.jpg
    cow_100percent.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom