• LAKE 600.jpg
    LAKE 600.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 118

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Those are really great shots Roy. The reflections on the water are outstanding. :cool:

Would you mind if I fiddled with one of the dock pictures? I want to see if I can make the dock and boat show up a little more, just for the practice.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Thanks for the compliments....help yourself Rich...i have a few more with the boat I can post for you to look at.These were shot with a Canon G-9 12.1 MP.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• attachment-3_rr.jpg
    attachment-3_rr.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 121
  • attachment-1_rr.jpg
    attachment-1_rr.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 120

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
NICE Rich! B+W sets the mood as well.I thought the boat silhouetted against the sunset
would would signify fishing is done for the day...can you play with it and make the boat darker?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Like this maybe?

Attachments

• attachment-3b_rr.jpg
    attachment-3b_rr.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 116
  • attachment-1b_rr.jpg
    attachment-1b_rr.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 115

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Very nice, how are you enjoying that G9? I was considering picking one up for cheap used here right now for when I don't want to lug around a DSLR and all the gear.

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
I am happy with my G9.I am still getting to know how to use it.It seems to do a lot more than i am familiar with.I am coming off a cannon AE1.I didn't want to go the DSLR routine and buying lenses etc.It's my first digital camera and love that I can take 900 pictures with it and delete as I go.
It does take very nice pictures....some of it is lost when I upload on here.

Nice job on darkening up the boat Rich.Looks like you brightened up the sunset too.I prefer that kind of contrast.Attention is drawn to the sunset first and then the mystery surrounding the boat.Each set of eyes makes up it's own story.The beauty of pictures. All I need is the aroma of pine and the tranquil sound of a Lake Loon....

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
RYDMOTO said:
Attention is drawn to the sunset first and then the mystery surrounding the boat.Each set of eyes makes up it's own story.The beauty of pictures.

That's what makes shooting fun for me, and defines a good picture in my mind. A picture that tells a story, or prompts someone to make up their own is a good picture in my book.

Your picture hits that nicely. Nailing the technical aspects is just icing on the cake.

Top Bottom