Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
i joined there last year, i'm not sure it was worth the 200$ membership plus 30$ everytime you want to ride though.:mad:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
WOW! :eek: That's pretty expensive! Shoot for $50 a year you can ride at LTM (Casey, IL - where DW '00 and DW '01 were) ALMOST EVERY DAY!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Casper250
i joined there last year, i'm not sure it was worth the 200$ membership plus 30$ everytime you want to ride though.:mad:
I used to live on LI. Nothing having to do with riding was ever worth it there. There are plenty of places to ride, it's just that even if no one can even hear you riding, they want you to stop. We used to have to ride one step ahead of the cops all the time. We never destroyed anything, bothered anyone but were still stopped from riding. I have so many great memories of riding there but they all were closed by the authorities. Whenever we raced it would cost a fortune. I ended up switching to Jetskis, but the people up there hated us on those also, even though we got them registered, and followed all the laws.:(

Ahh, sunny North Carolina :cool:, Land of $10 riding areas (some were actually $5 a few years ago) extended riding seasons and $15 race entry fees. Miles of trails and plenty of places to ride. I love Long Island but it just didn't like my dirt bike.

Good luck and I hope you can find a place to ride.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I used to drive out to englishtown NJ practice track or to big boulder in the poconos. both are about a 3 hour drive and you have to drive through NYC which sucks cause of the tolls and the traffic. So i joined that track cause i thought in the long run, the price of the tolls and gas would equal the 200$ membership fee and all three places charge 30$ for the day. :moon:

Top Bottom