Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Add your shots to this thread. Mine are from dinner time.

1. Salgeek, DW and Brain drinking back pain medicine
2. Team Hunt grilling
3. Jimmy and Jeff flipping da meat. (I was working there too but some one had to take the photos!)

Attachments

• DW.jpg
    DW.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 323
  • hunts.jpg
    hunts.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 329
  • Jim n jeff.jpg
    Jim n jeff.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 320

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1.Mr Tater, Greg Iott-thanks for the awesome french frys, you da man!
2. Randy and sally, erin, craig
3. Sally moochin taters

Attachments

• mr tater.jpg
    mr tater.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 324
  • randy, sal...jpg
    randy, sal...jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 317
  • sal.jpg
    sal.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 312

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1. Salgeek and Scotty the one arm bandit keeping the good arm in shape!
2. Virginia Hunt cutting the apple pies and testing them too!
3. A hot camp fire and a dinner hut feeding frenzy

Attachments

• salgeek.jpg
    salgeek.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 310
  • virginia.jpg
    virginia.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 306
  • HPIM0045.jpg
    HPIM0045.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 318

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Picture of start

I've got some pictures I'll put up as soon as I can remember how to drop the resolution in Apple's iPhoto.....

If anyone has a photograph of the start, something that is done almost every year, I would really like to get a copy of it. If you could email it to me in hi-res that would be the best. I'm putting a memory board together for my office at home. I hope this helps me get through the days a little easier.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Quick Cancer update

I quit posting this stuff here, but thought that after trailfest some of you may want to know what's going on. My cancer, which was supposed to be taken care of in November 2005, came back this summer. I found out one week after I lost my job, which made it pretty bleak around here.

I went back to Mayo and was put on an experimental drug, an oral chemotherapy. The side effects were supposed to be minimal, such as skin peeling and zits, but I could handle that.

Well, the side effects have been horrendous, causing so much pain at times that I haven't been able to walk or get out of bed for 1-2 weeks at a time. They've found others are having sever side effects, but not as bad as mine. Some have no side effects.

So we've been reducing the dosage most of the summer to get something I could live with, and still treat the cancer.

I'm now down to one pill a day, from a high of 4 per day. It looks like it was working, my CAT scan has looked great.

But, come November, we'll be looking hard at another form of treatment Once will make me sicker than a dog for 6 months, then take 1-2 years off, while the other may not have any side effects and stop growth.

In any case, coming up Firday for Trailfest I felt fine. Wake up Saturday morning - sick. Geez! i slept a couple more hours and gave it my all to get down there. I made it by noon, felt pretty good, and latched onto Mike Sr. for a dual sport ride. I got Sparkey to do a little single track with me. This all felt fantastic! But knocked me down pretty good, so I missed dinner.

I'm keeping my 450 over the winter in hopes that I'll be able to ride next year.

Man, do the things you wanna do while you can! Don't forget to hug the wife and kiss the babies along the way!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark - it was great to see you at Trailfest! Earlier this week I did a search on Trailfest and found some pictures from July 2001 - Trailfest # 1. Unfortunately, there were too many people to do a group shot under the Jack Pine sign this year. I will check with Virginia Hunt - she may have some pictures before we took off.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks Mike! I'll go get Trailfest 1, that'll be good too.

Sorry for the update in this area, I thought I put it in a new thread.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mark - take a look at this post: http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=142012

Smit Dog posted a link to a bunch of pics there. There are some there from the start - but not the big traditional group shot. Virginia and someone else was taking pics as we all pulled out as well. No clue why..but this year I did not take a single picture at trailfest! I made sure to bring camera and fresh batteries - but never touched it after we got there!

FWIW - I dont think you need to apologize for updating us on your health status - be it in this thread, or any other thread. Everyone of us, even those who have never had the pleasure of meeting you, do care how things are going, and I am sure are keeping you and your family in their prayers. Hang in there buddy!

Top Bottom