drz mick

Jun 2, 2001
Trail Bike+Enduro Magazine in the UK, have pictured a 'new' twin cam 250cc four stroke engine which is canted backward in the chassis for a straighter inlet tract. The engine probably won't see production for a year or so and is thought to be the basis of the 450cc capacity engine. The twin cam will produce more power than the current 'disapointing' 250 engine.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Very cool. I wish this thing would see production this year however. It is almost definitely going to be my next bike, but if its going to be that long a 400 EXC may have to take its place or even a WR 250F(shudder). Are there any pictures online of it?

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
DRZ Mick,
I'm not sure was is so disappointing about the 250's power. I can say from personal experience the exc 250 2-stroke is an awesome bike that creates loads of power.:D

flea

Oct 8, 2001
Yo speedway
DRZ is speaking about the 250 RFS not the 2 stroke :confused:
DRZ, does the picture show rear facing exhaust and stacked trans as the rumor predicts?

drz mick

Jun 2, 2001
The 'line' drawing of the engine to shows it to be pretty conventional. Tranny looks to be in the usual position. The head is described as 'reversed' like the VOR and Cannondale set-up. The slant is 20 degrees backward and allows for carb or fuel injection and filter under the front of the tank. The exhaust appears to exit to the rear.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
KTM, your killin me! Another yera away, that Husky is lookin real sweet, I wonder if it will grace our shores soon, still havent heard anything from GasGas yet. All these slow pokes are missing the boat. Yamaha has and will sell alot of WR250's, untill the Euros get this thing going. As of now The Husky looks like the best of the bunch. If you guy's havent read the ride report yet, you need to, dont buy the WR until you do!;)

Top Bottom