Status
Not open for further replies.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
it seems that is a lot of misinformation about the oil/gas ratio... so i would like to start a thread only about it to see some opinions and experiences and learn with them...

should we stick to oil manufacture ratio?
should we search to a better ratio?
how?

i would like to quote A. Graham Bell in his fantastic book "two stroke performance tuning, second edition"

"years ago i did some power tests at various mix ratios on a fully worked rm125c mx engine. as you can see reducing the oil content from 20:1 to 27:1 (i wasn´t brave enough to lower it any further) resulted in a power loss of about 8 per cent at the top of the power range - a heavy price for the sake of a clean plug. on top of that the piston showed signs of scuffing bad enough to deter me from testing at 32:1 wich, according to a lot of tuners is the best mix when using castrol R40"

the reason that he claims is better ring seal and better heat transfer from the piston to cylinder...

hope this is not ilegal in the laws of copyrigth...

ok the industry of oil have a step foward in oil production,and the ratios have been decreased, but the reasons arn´t still valid?

tnutcher

Jan 10, 2008
just for reference, when was that book published? Just wanting to get a time reference to see if, like you say, the oil has been improved on greatly or not - and possibly affecting mix ratios that we need to run.
Thanks
TNutcher

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This is old news and this subject has been beaten to death on a number of occasions. Nothing is ever accomplished, so we aren't going down the same road again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom