Razorback

Jul 12, 2002
I have a Vforce that I had bought for my 02 KX 250 still in the box.It was the same part number as the one for the 04 KX250.I installed it on my 04 but I didn't notice any real change.Bike starts and runs fine and the power seems to come on a bit sooner with less throttle but no real big change to speak of.I installed it only because I had already spent the money and I'm glad that the engine still maintains it's smooth power delivery but just seems like a waste of money on this bike at least.Has anyone else tried one with different results?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Did you try it on low or high tension? The word out is that low tension gives an actual power increase with a big decrease in reed life.

Razorback

Jul 12, 2002
Studboy said:
Did you try it on low or high tension? The word out is that low tension gives an actual power increase with a big decrease in reed life.

It comes out of the box on hi tension so thats where it's at now but I may pull it out in a few weeks and adjust it and see how she does.They must do more then what I've seen so far because a lot of people rave about them.

AARONA

Apr 11, 2003
Vforce

_j0kA_ said:
play with your jetting to get the most of it, as wel as try the low tension setting.. good luck, vforces RIP

are you running stock pipe and silencer? I put the vforce on my stock 03 kx250 and left the jetting stock and had no problems. I agree, the vforce helped a little...but I wish I would have spent the money at Foreward Motion instead with porting mods.
When I ran the PC pipe with the Vforce I did have to change the jetting. I just did some WOT plug reads to ensure that it would not blow up. Stock pipe was better for me.

Top Bottom