Wallace Idaho camping and riding spots?

ChrisK7

Mar 1, 2004
Does anyone know anything about the Wallace Id area?
I'm planning a trip up there the week ending June 12th and would like to know of some good camping spots and trails.

I'm fully self contained so I don't need any hookups or anything like that. I have a 21ft toyhauler trailer.
I would just like to find a spot somewhere in the middle of some good trails so we can ride right out of camp on the dirt bikes etc.

I bought a map of the area last fall on my way through town but I have no idea of where any good camping is or what trails would be good ones.

Thanks for any info or links to info.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
As with the entire Panhandle Area, there are tons of trails and camping areas in the Wallace area, especially if you are self contained.

We've ridden the trails over by Magee Ranger Station and there is camping all along the river there. You can hit Independence Creek which is a nice trail with some tech goat trails and 17 creek (more like river in early June) crossings.

Firecracker drowned her bike in one of the 4 we went through before we figured out that we were on THE Independence Trail and had 13 more crossings to drag our bikes and a KTM65 & CR80 through. Glad we turned around before we went further cause the rain made the creek crossings even more fun and the goat trails turned to slime!

You might try posting your request on our local forums page - click on the PANTRA link in my signature then on the Forums link from our home page.

I've ridden the Wallace/Saltese areas but I've always tagged along with others that know the area so I can't give very good directions.

We are holding a club ride out of Hudlow Campground June 12 - 13th and there are directions to Hudlow on our site.

Noseat

Jun 23, 2003
Wallace ride

Hey guys,
I think you might be riding the Wallace area a little early. Unless, you plan on riding only the quad low land trails. I'm pretty sure you will still run into snow up on the higher trails which are the most fun and scenic to ride.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
How is the snowmelt season going? Here in the Cascades, things are clearer earlier than normal, according to a ranger friend, and I heard that the LPO/Batey Bould areas are clear too. True? If this is so, after the snows we had this year, it must have gotten warm up high FAST! Not good for the fire season.

Top Bottom