Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Didn't you say that last week?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I doubt Bubba will race a 250 full time next year. Kawasaki said on the Unidilla showing he was not ready for a 250. I would love to see it but he has got time on his side. There really is no rush for him to move up except to race RC. I think he should go win the east SX next year. Mainly so I can see him ride in Houston. :laugh: :p

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
Just imagine how boring it would be if KW wasn't out there - oh, wait, all you gotta do is remember last year.

What kind of lead did RC and KW have on second place in the last three motos? About 45 seconds? Last year, it'd just be Ricky up there 45 seconds ahead.

Go KDub...

BigR

Dec 27, 2000
If Bubba stays in the 125 MX (not SX) class next year, imagine how boring the 125's will be. I'd be dissapointed in a cherry picking move like that - but I guess if it happens at the local amateur races (cherry picking) then why not at the pro level.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Didn't you say that last week?
:laugh:

...well, not really . :o
I may have implied that, but stayed in the clear by saying something like "Don't count on it"... :p

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Glad to hear KWindham is winning a couple, and breaking up the winning streak of RC's. Though as a Reed fan I am dissapointed Chad isn't a dominant challenger like he was is SX. Oh well time will tell. He still has plenty of years ahead of him.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by WhKnuckle
Just imagine how boring it would be if KW wasn't out there - oh, wait, all you gotta do is remember last year.

it's too bad you guys feel that way (probably mostly because, for no good reason, you just don't like rc). we witnessed something special that likely will never happen again.

B

biglou

I don't hate RC by any means. I just love seeing some "rubbing plastic" now and then! Some good drama. I have noticed that ESPN2 pretty much shows 2nd place and below now in the 125 class. They only seem to show Bubba every now and then, like when he goes down or takes the checkered flag! On one hand, watching the guys run away with it is like getting a free clinic. On the other, it gets somewhat dull after a while.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
I don't hate RC by any means.

I do.  Any means necessary.  ;) Trouble is, RC has to finish 8th or worse and KW has to win out for the Leprechaun to lose the title.  :debil:

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
MX547 - You misunderstood my post. I was trying (poorly) to point out that this year is just like last year if you took KW out of the mix. RC's still head and shoulders above everyone else, Ferry's moto at Budd's Creek notwithstanding. I do think this year is more exciting, but RC hasn't slowed down one bit - he's still waaaayyyy ahead of third just like he as waaaayyy ahead of second last year. I'm a RC fan for sure - but doesn't he sound like he's having more fun now than last year?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Well, well, well....I'll be. I found another excuse for RC.
(from Cycleworld): Similarly, the 250cc class was all Windham. He started the first moto in the lead with Carmichael, who suffered a bee sting on his nose early in the moto (Carmichael’s allergic to bee stings) right on his tail, and he immediately began pulling away from the champ. He ended up running away with the moto win, cruising across the finish line with almost a four-second lead.

Unadilla loss: 4 stroke track
Washougal track: 4 stroke track, plus near fatal anaphylaxis. ;) :laugh:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
Well, well, well....I'll be. I found another excuse for RC.
Unadilla loss: 4 stroke track
Washougal track: 4 stroke track, plus near fatal anaphylaxis. ;) :laugh:

You gotta admit, you nearly asked for it Okie :laugh:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Cripes that's about AUD$2.30. Settle down guys, there's no need to start frittering your hard earned cash away. It doesn't grow on trees you know. :)

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
I'm a RC fan for sure - but doesn't he sound like he's having more fun now than last year?

Absolutely. He really seems to be enjoying have competition, and even having to work through the pack. He's got no excuses either, gives the credit to Kevin, where it belongs. Gotta give props to K-dub for pulling the last 4 motos together, he really makes that 450 talk. Millville I think will show RC getting back in the groove.

On a side note, it is pretty obvious that the 450's have a definatly advantage in straight line power. They had a good camera on Windham and RC at the start, and by 3rd gear, that 450 finally hooked up and pulled the 250 pretty obviously. Every local guy I've ever talked to thats made the switch from 250 to 450 says the 4 stroke is straight up faster than the 2 stroke. Cut them back to a 400, IMO. Because there is no replacement for displacement.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom