Nov 10, 2006
I need help on what 125 2stroke I should buy. I ride trails in the mountains (tower city). I want a yz but my dad thinks it wont be good for trails. He wants me to get a kx. Please help my on finding the best 125 2stroke. thank you! :cool:

-Jesse

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Your right and your dad is way wrong don't settle for anyting less then a YZ. Tell your dad the moto gods told you so and they don't like to be angered. :laugh:

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
mg89 said:
why does your dad say the yz isn't good for trails? it's pretty much like a kx. probably even better.

yeah, and im bubba. a YZ125 and a KX125 are probably the most different of the big 5 125s out there. a YZ125 is very tall, while a KX125 is about 2 in. shorter on the seat height. a KX has a good power spread, but it depends on what year model you get to determine where youll have the most power, mine has been tuned for racing, so it has a lot of top-end, while my friend has an 04' KX125 and his has a ton of low-end. a YZ125 is torquey in the low RPMs, with not much on top. a YZ is expensive, while a KX is cheap. im 5'6'', so i fit very well on my KX, and the previous owner raised(stiffened) the suspension bringing the seat height to about 38.6in. both bikes have good suspension, but it depends on where youll be riding. i like to ride my or my friends KX125s because they just feel really good on trails or tracks. another friend has a YZ125, but i dont like riding it a lot because of the height and the power spread doesnt suite me. i used to ride trails and fields, but i now ride MX tracks aggresively and i did it all on a 00' KX125. id highly recommend it.

2stroke4fun

Nov 10, 2006
Which dealer is closer? You want to have a parts source close by. They are both good bikes. Whichever you get, slap on a fmf gnarly pipe and shorty silencer, to get better low end torque for the trails.

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
The newer YZ's rock! but the KX 125's ruled the 125 MX all through the 90'S (although RC rode em!) If you are looking used, find a few for sale and check em out see what you think. Everyone has an opinion on brands, when in reality any bike can be made to do what you want it to do!!!!!

Moral.......Green, Blue, Yellow, Red, or Orange all make a decent bike with there own perks and flaws!!

Top Bottom