BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Still ridin'...….....still orange.
IMG_1695.JPG

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
Just checking in, recognize a lot of the screen names here from the early days. Still riding, sold the CR250, had a 450x for quite a few years, currently riding an 18' 500EXC-F. Glad the place hasn't changed too much. Was just talking to my son about the old days of racing Motocross Madness 2 with fellow DRN'ers...good times! He was 2 then, 20 now and my most reliable riding buddy. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just checking in, recognize a lot of the screen names here from the early days. Still riding, sold the CR250, had a 450x for quite a few years, currently riding an 18' 500EXC-F. Glad the place hasn't changed too much. Was just talking to my son about the old days of racing Motocross Madness 2 with fellow DRN'ers...good times! He was 2 then, 20 now and my most reliable riding buddy. :)
Holy (*&.. a blast from the past. So crazy ... Grandson (Yes, I said "GRANDSON") picked-up the latest SX game a couple weeks ago. Of course I had to give it a go.. honestly no better than it was back in the day, at least the way I elect to remember it. Told him about playing MX Madness online back then, trying to convince him that because we actually rode we were better at the game.

He didn't buy it.

Good to see you and how crazy is that? Your boy from 2-20 years-old in between . Sure doesn't seem like that much time has passed. I still remember some of the tracks from MXM2 but I may not remember where I put my keys 10 minutes ago, but that's another story.

Again, good to hear from you Johnrock.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
VD in the house. How's it going Wes? Good to see you! Nice Enduro... one of my first riding buddies had a 100cc version. We were some real life moto Gods on that and my KE100.
It's going ok Bob. I don't ride much anymore, but I'm fixin to. If could've been as good a rider in real life as I was in my head, woohoo! There are two CZs, a Bultaco, and two Honda CT70s that haven't left the shed since the last dirtweek.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wow, a lot of old names! What ever happened to Big Lou, Gomer?, crap there were so many in the beginning. I guess I need to check back in more often. I haven't been riding much but hope to soon. Then I'll have things to share, like, yeah I still think I'm fast even though my body not only isn't but never remembered being fast. I even bought a new Hero5 to record my antics.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think it is just that riding areas keep getting closed so we have to drive even farther to ride. I live in North Carolina and still have to drive almost 2 hours to ride. That makes it inconvenient. I have a street bike which helps with my motorcycle fix, but not my 2-stroke fix. I actually went riding 2 weeks ago for the first time in over a year and a half. Loved it.

I think I am actually as slow as Ivan now. _BGRIN_

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I joined long long ago as a stupid college kid I think. Now a 37 year old teacher with two daughters. Ride dirt enough to satisfy my cravings but miss my girls when I’m gone so not too often. I’m semi-active on another not to be named mega site but I always liked it here better. Moderation seems to keep everyone in check. I recognize some of the members in this thread from the other site and they play more nicely here.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
I joined in 2001, this place was the bomb then. I use a more local board now. Just thought about checking in. Miss the good ole days. But change is constant. Glad to see it's still around.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Been quite a while for me too. Same deal, life, kids grew up (Haley is 26!). Still have the same 2002 YZ250. Just never saw any reason to get a new bike. Eric and Jeremy had done my mods. 2-stroke evolution died and I just wasn't a fan of starting over with a 4-stroke. Kind of getting the bug to ride more. Found some guys at work that ride and might even get a new bike. I guess once every 17 years isn't too often.

Fond memories of DW and Cooperland. My bike still has DRN stickers. Glad my account and avatar are still intact. _BGRIN_

Glad to see so many names and avatars that I remember. I remember when if you didn't spend a couple hours here throughout the day, you had zero chance of keeping up.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Wow, I can't believe that my login still works, and better yet I still remember my password!

Remember, we don't stop playing because we get old...we get old because we stop playing, --George Bernard Shaw

Namibia, Africa. September 2018. Go out and get some!
a5-na-NamibBorder-P1050710-1.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Damn Lori tha's a way cool pic. That's a long way from Dirtweeek at Casey :-)

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Someone mentioned my old username on Facebook the other day and it made me want to check in. I haven’t ridden since around 2011, but my three year old has recently started asking about a bike so I’m hoping I can use it as an excuse to get us both something to ride.

I ran in to Ivan about a year or so ago at a Zaxby’s and it was like going back in time. I can say that (for better or worse) DRN helped shape me into who I am today. I will always hold on to those memories and relationships as a very special part of my life.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
WoWza .. I haven't been here in a minute or two... even had to reset my password! LOL
I saw some sad news on Fb that caused me to come on over and check in.
Strange not to see a "flame board" _OMG_
I clicked on the "oldschool" link maybe that's why?

RIP Pokie

Top Bottom