Kgracie

Mar 8, 2020
Hi there all.. im a 27 yo female, 5"5' and around 145lbs.. i have been riding for about 5 years, started on a ttr125, then to a yz125(sold it for a ttr230 as I thought I preferred trail riding) and now I am bored on my 230. The 230 is ok for the trails but i have come to enjoy track riding now and as for speed and durability for jumps it's just not there. Wondering what bike to go to next? My boyfriend reccomends a crf150r but I feel height wise it might be a bit small or I may get bored on it after a year or two.

javjacob

Mar 21, 2020
NW missouri
Sounds like you are in the market for a XC bike over a trail bike which is what the 230 is.
I would look at the KTM 150 XC/XCW, Yamaha YZ125X or maybe YZ250X or KTM 250 or 300 XCW if you want to step it up.
For 4 strokes the Honda CRF250X or Yamaha WR250F or YZ250FX

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've got news for ya... you'll probably get bored with just about anything you get after a couple of years, LOL... just the way it goes!

At 5'5" I don't think the CRF150R will be too short for you. I can tell you that a full size MX'er or Off-Road bike (not trail bike) will put you on your tippy-toes for sure. If you are okay with that (and you should be) you'll be good to go.

Since you've had a YZ125, you know how tall they are... in fact, at least in the past, I know there were many 25's that were taller than 250's / 450's.

javjacob has made some good suggestions, can't go wrong with any of them. If I was in the market for just about any type of bike these days, I'd probably start with KTM and go from there. That, coming from a die-hard Honda guy.

gumby1

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2002
Hi there all.. im a 27 yo female, 5"5' and around 145lbs.. i have been riding for about 5 years, started on a ttr125, then to a yz125(sold it for a ttr230 as I thought I preferred trail riding) and now I am bored on my 230. The 230 is ok for the trails but i have come to enjoy track riding now and as for speed and durability for jumps it's just not there. Wondering what bike to go to next? My boyfriend reccomends a crf150r but I feel height wise it might be a bit small or I may get bored on it after a year or two.
Take a look at what Sherco has to offer. I'm scheduled to pick up my new 2020 Sherco SE 250 Factory this Friday. Sherco has a lot of models in their line-up and I saw some YouTube videos of women riders on the Shercos and they seemed to be having a great time.

Top Bottom