CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
I was browsing Ebay yesterday and saw an ad for a 97 KDX. When I opened it, it was obvious that the bike was much older than a 97. It appears to be an 89-92 (conventional forks, so not a 93-94). I emailed the guy and he said the fellow he bought it from said it was a '97, a and he couldn't find the date-of-manufacture tag on it. Could you guys look at it and help me narrow it down to a year? He said he called the dealer, who told him the VIN was from a 2001 or 2002. I don't know what the deal is. Click ---->here<---- for the ad.
Thanks,
Charles

P.S. If i'm violating policy by posting a link to an auction site, I will gladly edit the ad.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Get the vin. Go to:

http://www.buykawasaki.com

Put in the number...see what it says.

Looks don't mean diddle. (Well, except for minor appearances like RADiators!! ;) )

BTW...buy an unseen, unridden, 'take-my-word-for-it bike', and chances are you're gonna get hose-eh-vooed!

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Come on fellas; with the detail of that photo it's hard to be sure it's a KDX. Looks like it could be many different years with aftermarket plastic, seat cover, etc. :|

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I agree with 90-91. No inverted forks, no perimter frame (deffiantly not a 97!) Jim, I am pretty positive its a KDX, looks exactly the same as my dads. Plus its got an odo, I dont think anyone could/would adapt one to a KX with out using KDX hub/wheel.

Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
Be careful on e-bay!
Especially w/ autos /motorcycles!
Its easy to "false advertise" & get away with it.
Allthough, if u research (like u r doing)& ask the seller lots of ???? W/ positive response,
You'll have a much better chance to get a great deal!

"been burnt before"

91kdxrider

Aug 19, 2002
I have a 91 kdx and 89-94 (except for decals) are the same models in the 200 cc, not 250. This is a 200, 91 or 92, handle bars looked changed (not original), rear fenfer and seat also. Original seat cover was blue (91) but with kawasaki printed on each side of the seat towards the rear (in a pinkish color). Bike looks really pacthed up. I wouldn't buy it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom