Mar 27, 2006
I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but my family and I are new to motorcycles and ATV's and I am hoping to get some good recommendations on where to ride with children; motocross tracks and trail riding is our preference.

Thanks.

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
Welcome to the sport!

There are many places for you to go. If you want a good combo of trail riding and MX then Jordan River Raceway has a little of both. JR has bathrooms and a nice grass area with trees. The track out at tooel has a kiddie track as well as more advanced courses. It also has a nice grass area with a couple of picnic tables. These are the most 'civilized' in terms of facilities and within a reasonable distance from SLC.

The track out at Price has some really fun trails/riding areas nearby and except for the downhill jump(major pucker jump) it is a really friendly track to roll or go fast on . Probably the best overall family experience for a wide, open area is 5 mile pass but no mx tracks (plenty of jumps however).

There are a lot more options but they tend to be many hours away.

-mx

Mar 27, 2006
Thank you for the info. I have located all of these spots except for 5 mile pass. Do you have any more detail on where 5 mile pass is located?

motoxpress

~SPONSOR~
Oct 22, 2001
5 Mile pass is located out west of Lehi and Eagle mountain in Utah Valley. Yo uwill drive through Cedar Fort and it will be about 5 miles after that. Here is a google map of that area.

If you have Google Earth, I can give you a file for that too.

Have fun!

-mx

Top Bottom