Yamaha Warrior breaking up in high revs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
My buddy just bought a '93 Warrior 350 4 stroke. Bike starts right up and runs strong, until you rev it up high while riding and it breaks up badly.
He has charged the battery and put in fresh gas, and the bike runs good otherwise.
I am going up next weekend to help him sort it out, any suggestions for potential causes would be appreciated!

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
NJGregsCR said:
My buddy just bought a '93 Warrior 350 4 stroke. Bike starts right up and runs strong, until you rev it up high while riding and it breaks up badly.
He has charged the battery and put in fresh gas, and the bike runs good otherwise.
I am going up next weekend to help him sort it out, any suggestions for potential causes would be appreciated!

Forgive me if Im wrong, but isnt a Warrior a quad...not a bike?

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
yea, it's a quad. We have an 89 warrior and it has the same problems. at first we thought it was electrical, but that seemed like it was only a temporary fix. I don't know maybe jetting? we still havnt got it figured out; too busy riding bikes :nod:

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Maybe your main jet is partially plugged or is too lean of a jet.

DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Well, if it's when you are going flat out in top gear, try switching the petcock Reserve. If that cures it, then it's because the petcock can't flow enough fuel. Believe it or not, I've seen this quite a few times - my own Banshee has this problem, and so did a friends bone-stock '05 Raptor 350 (basically a new version of the Warrior). HTH

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom