Oct 28, 2017
Hi!

Does anybody here have experience with YCF50A dirt bikes? The technical info seems promising, but I wonder how is the bike performing on the track compared to Yamaha PW50 for example. I would like to have a 4-stroke machine, but most of the bikes in the track are Yamahas in the beginners 50 CC class. I do not have possibility to test the bike prior to order and that is why any information would be more than welcome.

Cheers,

Allan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think you answered your own question? Why are all the other bikes Yamaha? There really is no "cheap" way to do this sport, or everyone would be doing it.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for your reply!

YCF bikes are not cheap, they are just not very common in our market and that was a reason why I asked. I am not very impressed about the PW50 and would prefer a four stroke bike. YCF bike is 3kg heavier and the seat height can be lowered to 50 cm which makes it good alternative for PW. I was just wandering does anyone have experience using these bikes in competition.

I think you answered your own question? Why are all the other bikes Yamaha? There really is no "cheap" way to do this sport, or everyone would be doing it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Like a lot of small bikes in this class this appears to be a Chinese built design based on old Honda molds. The basic design of the engine is likely to be solid but the reliability will be very much a product of the level of quality control applied in the manufacturing process. With the Yamaha you know that part of the process will be top notch, with Chinese built bikes it varies wildly even from the same manufacturer. Unless you can get feedback from owners who have had the bike for an extended period it's likely to be a roll of the dice on what you'll get for your money. The Yamaha may have some flaws but it's a good solid design, built to a high standard, and tends to have a good resale value once your son outgrows it. The Chinese stuff has a nearly zero resale value. Just a few things to consider. Cobra is a great option but they don't have a 4t model that I know of.

Top Bottom