Young North Texas Rider needs donated blood!

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
LOCAL RIDER NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!
One of the Badlands Mx Park local riders...Jay Teske, was critically injured this past weekend at a MX school in Houston. He is in ICU at Memorial Hermann Childrens Hospital in Houston. You can help by donating blood in his name. He suffered a lacerated liver and has had massive blood loss during multiple surgeries.

If you would like to donate blood, Carter Blood Care will accept donations in his name. You need to know Jay's birth date of 02-03-89 and the hospital mentioned above. Here are some Carter phone numbers and locations:
Richardson (972)437-4483
Plano (972)612-2098
Dallas (214)351-8111

Also, Greenville Presbyterian Hospital will accept donations Mondays from 1-4pm on the 4th floor.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ms. B do you know of any other locations in the Austin or Houston area?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Ms. Badlands,

I have forwarded this on to the supervisor at Stanford's blood bank.
Sharon will find out if she has the blood he needs.

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Sorry, I don't have information about places to donate in the Houston or Austin area. I will check with the hospital where he is at in Houston and see if they can give me some insight.

thanks to you all for your prayers and support.

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Jay Teske trust fund

There is a trust fund set up at Citizens State Bank in Princeton. You can mail checks or money orders in Jay's name to:

Citizens State Bank
Po Box 130
Princeton, Tx 75407
972-734-2424

Last night at the Badlands practice we raised over $600 for the fund. The Teske family can use all the support they can get, because Jay has had many costly surgeries.

We will also being holding a 50/50 raffle at saturday night's race with proceeds going to Jay's account. Other sponsors are organizing to raffle other items as well.

thanks for your support and prayers! The Teskes are extremely grateful!

MxRyder187

Jan 8, 2002
man i feel bad for him...he has my prays.
i had quite a few surgeries and my blood count was choped in half. but i didnt really have anything those major internal probs.

godspeed

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
It's pretty difficult "on locale" even to donate blood specific to one patient. It certainly would be difficult if one was to do so across the nation.

Look at it this way, if he has a liver lac, he needs blood yesterday. Not tomorrow. They probably have 10 or more units of O negative (universal donor) blood laying around that they have already given him. If you were to donate from Dallas, for instance, it would take a day or 2 to get the blood there (if it could even be donated to a specific patient, depends on local bloodbank/RedCross philosophy), and then another day to do Hep C, HIV, CMV, etc. screens on it. By that time, if he still needed the blood, he'd be in pretty bad shape.

Not to be insensitive, either. But he's young, and probably tough. He could make it no prob. with even a 3rd of his RBC mass. It's pretty hard to die of a blood shortage anymore. Even if Houston's out, they'd be flying in screened blood YESTERDAY from elsewhere to have it available. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Any new information?

Top Bottom