Dan B.

Sep 7, 2002
My son trail rides his '98 YZ 80. The bike has Eric Gorr mods for low end among other trail friendly things but does not have enough fuel capacity to go any kind of distance. Are there any aftermarket fuel tanks available for YZ80's? Does anyone have any suggestions for safely carrying extra fuel?

oldslodave

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 2002
I ride with a guy that had a KDX which suffered from lack of range. He found a gas tank that basically replaced his front number plate. It used the vent hose from the stock tank inserted into the number plate tank to pull fuel into the stock tank. When I heard about it, I was skeptical. But I've ridden with him a few times and it works pretty well. Fill both tanks and go, without any transfering of fuel. I think it held about 3/4 gallon or maybe a little more. I don't remember where he got it, but I bet one of the major accessory parts houses would have it.
Good Luck

Dan B.

Sep 7, 2002
Thanks Guys. I'll see if I can find a source. It sounds like the perfect solution. Racer#213, if you remember where you got the one for your KX, please let me know.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
www.bajadesigns.com

front auxilary fuel tank #260006 .8 gal $60.00

front auxilary fuel tank #260007 1.3 gal $60.00

Fuel tank, AC rear fender #260008 1.6 gal $76.95

Top Bottom