May 27, 2014
I know some guys run ATF and rotella but wondering for the guys that run bel ray or maxima MTL what weight do you run in your 125's. 75w or 80w?

Seems like the safe bet would be 80w but wondering if 75w would work with the lower power output of the 125...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Try both and see which one gives the best shifting performance. Either one will provide plenty of lubrication.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
For years, I only ran the Belray 75W. Then an engine builder on this site recommended I try the ATF type F and I've never gone back. A quality oil changed frequently will minimize the wear and tear in the transmission. Your clutch plates will deteriorate according to the abuse and that contaminates the oil. Frequent changes make things last longer.
The smoothness of shifting is why I switched to the ATF type F and the price was a nice bonus. At less than $2/qt, I can change the oil every 2-3 hours of ride time and not spend any more than others using higher priced lubricants. Clean oil is good oil in my book. I've used the ATF type F in a Rekluse equipped bike without issues as well. Thus far, 12 years, no tranny or clutch issues and I've got a smooth shifting bike consistently.

Top Bottom