FNG

May 2, 2008
I have tried Gear Saver, ATF and then I got my hands on a service manual and they recommended 10W40 motorcycle oil.

I like the 10W40 because I get less false neutrals than the other oils and the shifting action is much smoother.

So I would say run what the manufacturer recommends. If you don't like it, then try some of the others until you get one that YOU like. They all will do their job, and none of them will destroy your tranny so experiment.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
I use Bel-Ray gear saver and it works just fine it is just a little thicker tho. I have never had a problem with it.

saqmuel

Jun 23, 2010
i use 10w-40 its all good

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Matt90GT said:
i run the Honda HP tranny oil in all my bikes

The honda HP oil is good. I have run it in all my bikes at one time or another. I have a sneaking suspicion it's just re-badged ATF though. Same color, same smell, and the clutch/shifting action feels the same between the two. My clutch is wearing, and 10w40 makes the shifting feel overly "notchy". Seems no matter what I try, I always go back to ATF Type F.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
BJames said:
I just changed to ATF, type F. Works great. I won't be buying expensive gear oil ever again.

2.59$ a quart makes it easy on the wallet when you change it every ride also :cool:

Top Bottom