Ham398

Aug 15, 2019
Looking for some advice on my next bike.
I weigh about 135 and I’m 5’7. Just came off of a 2008 KTM 200 XC-W (absolutely the best bike), used for technical woods riding. Recently sat on a 12 CRF250R and really made me miss riding tracks. So now I want an mx bike, but can’t decide what would be best for me. I liked the CRF250R, I was comfortable on it. But the maintenance and risk factor of buying a used 4 stroke worries me. I’ve been looking at some left over 2018s, but I’m not sure if that’s what I want or not. My other option was a YZ125, as I’ve heard the old saying that if you can learn to ride a 125 fast you can ride any bike fast. And I have a cr85 that’s a blast, so the 125 would just be a bigger bike. But I do like equal torque. I’ve looked at the 150sx but I’ve heard they have a lot of problems. Honda’s and Yamaha’s seem to be more reliable, especially used. The YZ250 looks like an awesome bike, and I like that it’s an all-purpose, can do it all kind of bike. But I’m intimidated by it, even though I’ve never tried it. I feel like it might be too much bike? I don’t know anyone that I could try one out. I just want a good, fun bike that I can learn the basics like cornering and jumping, etc. that’s safer. I can handle power pretty well, I have an old big bore TRX250R with raw powerband. Pulls your arms right off but I love it. But bikes are a lot different. So I’m curious to hear what you guys and gals think?

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Looking for some advice on my next bike.
I weigh about 135 and I’m 5’7. Just came off of a 2008 KTM 200 XC-W (absolutely the best bike), used for technical woods riding. Recently sat on a 12 CRF250R and really made me miss riding tracks. So now I want an mx bike, but can’t decide what would be best for me. I liked the CRF250R, I was comfortable on it. But the maintenance and risk factor of buying a used 4 stroke worries me. I’ve been looking at some left over 2018s, but I’m not sure if that’s what I want or not. My other option was a YZ125, as I’ve heard the old saying that if you can learn to ride a 125 fast you can ride any bike fast. And I have a cr85 that’s a blast, so the 125 would just be a bigger bike. But I do like equal torque. I’ve looked at the 150sx but I’ve heard they have a lot of problems. Honda’s and Yamaha’s seem to be more reliable, especially used. The YZ250 looks like an awesome bike, and I like that it’s an all-purpose, can do it all kind of bike. But I’m intimidated by it, even though I’ve never tried it. I feel like it might be too much bike? I don’t know anyone that I could try one out. I just want a good, fun bike that I can learn the basics like cornering and jumping, etc. that’s safer. I can handle power pretty well, I have an old big bore TRX250R with raw powerband. Pulls your arms right off but I love it. But bikes are a lot different. So I’m curious to hear what you guys and gals think?
Simple, you indicate you like to trail ride, and you want power, well you should opt for a nice YZ-250x, why you ask, because its a great all around bike. You can moto it , you can enduro it, its cheap to run, cheap to repair, and its bigger than a 125, which means you wont be doing top ends as much. If Honda would bring back the CR-250R then the choice is obvious, the 250R is the ultimate choice.....
2142804967_42bb108a96_z.jpg
Yamaha come get some!!!

Top Bottom