Pepperman

Jun 7, 2003
If a powervalve is stuck in the open position,would it make it hard to start? Sometimes when kicking my 87 YZ250,it acts like it backfires or misfires.It sounds like a little pop in the exhaust.I was replacing the water pump seal yesterday and found the powervalve mechanism installed in the wrong position so to make it where it was stuck in one position and not moving at all.I've since installed it the correct way but due to a broken throttle cable I haven't started it yet.Also, should I notice a big difference in the way it runs with the powervalve working correctly?Thanx and GOD Bless,PEPPERMAN

yzbluebeast

Jul 16, 2003
You should see a significant difference in the bottom end with the power valve working properly.
It's designed to change exhaust port height, duration, and timing in direct relation to engine R'sPM.

Pepperman

Jun 7, 2003
Yzbluebeast,you weren't kidding about the bottom end.Give it gas and the wheel comes off the ground real easy.Now if I could only figure out why it's so hard to start.I've checked everything from fuel to plug to stator and coil ohms.Still hard to start.Any ideas?Thanx and GOD Bless,Pepperman

Top Bottom