Mar 25, 2008
Hi Yall;
I was wondering if anyone could give me some peace of mind about a crank. I installed a new crank in my cases and closed everything up (without really looking at new crank before placing in or removing from the freezer) but now that it is installed I have rotated it and looked at everything, Well the outer shrouds on this crank has some scratches and a small ding or two. I know nothing touches this part of the crank but will this make the crank shrouding "Fly Apart" the damage is really minor but I know bad stuff starts happening FAST above 10,000 rpms if you know what I mean. Im really "Gun Shy" about these cranks after A Wiseco crank I had flew apart. Well Wiseco credited me for the Crank after I returned it to them and they inspected it so it must have been something wrong with their crank to have caused that. Im just a little worried about this "HotRods" crank also because it also says on the box "Made in Taiwan" just like Wiseco's. I'm looking forward to hearing from the great minds on here about scratches on the shrouding. Im hoping someone has a story about exploded pistons or something that caused some similar damage to their crank and has had no problems from their crank. Thanks, Stuart

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
XXX Adrenaline Spo said:
Im just a little worried about this "HotRods" crank also because it also says on the box "Made in Taiwan" just like Wiseco's.

Welcome to America! The land of opportunity! Where you can buy a complete crankshaft assembly for less than the labor to have a qualified tech replace the rod. Of course is HAS to come from overseas.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom