YZRIDER00

Feb 24, 2001
I have 01 YZ250F right now and I looking into getting a 01 CR250 or 02 RM250.. But can you help me by posting the following things for the 01 CR250:

-How well it turned?

-Was it reliable?

-Does it FEEL light?

-Did you like or dislike anything on the bike?

-Also anything else that will help me pick between the bikes.

Thanks.

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
I've rode an 01 cr 250 for three years. the motor has a great usable powerband. very reliable motor, clutch and tranny.
suspension linkage seems to be more prone to rust than on my freinds kx. and fork seals seem to be a problem. bike is a bit big feeling compared to a kx not sure on the rm.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
The 01 Cr motor is a good one, it has more bottom than the 02-04,cr 250's I cant speak for the 05-07 though. The 02 Rm I believe you will find turns better than the 01 Cr, shifts a little shorter than the cr, and is a little less stable on high speed chop, but anything can be fixed with the right tuner. The rm has real nice bark down low a good mid and a little short on overrev. I think the Cr's tend to hold up better. Having ridden both bikes a good bit I would have to wind up on the Rm myself but I ride fairly tight tracks. The cr is a very close 2nd for me and would prob pick it first for a big track. -the rm also seems to like to break shifter forks and footpeg welds,fyi. If you are tall, you will prob like the feel of the cr better.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom