ktm125ryder

Mar 26, 2002
Bud-Man, do you think that the extra low end power would help you riding on a motocross track or have you adapted to clutch techniques, etc for all that top end?

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
Eddy V, i cannot give you accurate results after adjusting the squish area, since i have not changed it on the 2003 model. If you have a dyno to use it would be of great use. The dyno is the only way to give accurate results on the VERY small changes you can make to these motors and the results they give.

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
dstktm.....one more time on the pipe/silencer combo for me please....did you test with an 02'SST pipe/ti. shorty silencer or??

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
ktm125ryder,

Hmm, are you refering to the '01 or the '02? Anyhow, I learned to live with the '01 and just clutched it. I don't ride much moto-x so I'm not sure if the extra bottom would be all that necessary. I guess it also depends on your skill level. lower skill level guys will really appreciate the bottom end on the '02 as you can be a little sloppy with the gear selection and still go fast.

Marcus / Steve,

I lowered the powervalve .5mm on the '02 and the bike ran even better on the bottom. (I wish I had tried this on my '01 before I sold it.) When I tore down the motor to send the cylinder off to EG, I measured the PV height (dimension "z") and it was ~44.75mm!!! Specs call for 43mm so maybe that's why my bike runs so well on the bottom?

Top Bottom