Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
I am actually going to Arizona next week on vacation. While I am out there I was planning on doing some riding at Speedworld mx park if I can ever get in touch with the place that rents bikes out there. I was going to rent a yzf 250 and a yz 250 so I try to get the feel of the 250 again to see if I would like it. I just hope I can get in touch of the place that does the renting, I have been calling and leaving messages but have not got a responce, hopefully it is because of the holidays. I have been really looking foward to this trip.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
Just got done at the mx track...got my jetting and gearing down,a little low for mx but will be perfect for woods, and flat love the bike. Put on my old bars and my hands and arms are slowly coming around but whats coming around quicker is my love for this bike. It is a great steed. There are only 2 bikes you'll ever see in my garage...either a yz 250 or a yz 250f. Love blue and love those two but for now I'll take the two stroke it's a blast. I race my first race on the 2nd since i broke my leg on fourth of july weekend I'm excited to be on this bike.

Mark

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
For me, changing just keeps my interest up. When I went from 2 to 4 stroke, the idea of "learning" to ride something different had a large appeal to it. When I decided to get another 2 stroke, the appeal of learning to ride a 2 stroke all over again had an appeal to it. Both bikes are great for different reasons. I just wish I could ride both bikes well. Switching back and forth has exceeded my skill level. I'm having to decide myself which one to keep.

jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
I too like the change you talk about. At this point in my life, I was unsure if I needed all the extra power not to mention having to re-learn how to ride a two stroke again. I have a buddy that I will be vet class mx racing with x year, he rides a yz450(too top heavy for me). I have a hard time on starts against him on my 250f. I think the extra ponies from a 250 two stroke would even this up? I also like the fact that everyone says the 250 two stroke feels lighter than my 250f.Jimyz

Top Bottom