domination167

Mar 16, 2016
Ive got an 05 rmz 250 and was riding when the it shut off and back wheel locked up..it started one again then died again doin same thing.. the kickstart locked up at random when trying to start it...after tearing down to piston to see no damage except excessive carbon build up. Relized that the crack was no longer locking up...put it back to geather and doesnt lock up..but still doesnt start....oh and it has little to no compression....WTF!!! i know theses bikes are bad for the intake came wearing bc there is no oild journy thing cut in it like on the exaust side....(maybe i broke it loose again when i tore it down) but now what??

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If it has no compression then one or more of the following are causing it :

- Cam timing is incorrect after re-assembly
- Rings are worn and not sealing
- Valves are shimmed incorrectly (no valve clearance) and one or more valves are never closing
- The valves are just worn and it needs a valve job.

Checking the cam timing and valve clearance is quick and easy. The rest takes more dis-assembly and careful measurement and inspection.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Could it be possible I JUST need gaskets? Man I don't want to break the bank with all that

Welcome to the 4-stroke world. Chances are it will require some $$ to get right.

Rich's recommendations are spot on. He has built a few motors (or thousand) in his time, including one for me and a friend of mind (with some Eric Gorr mods) and those motors were solid as a rock and unbelievably reliable. He knows his stuff.

Ivan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom