TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Has anyone ever put a drain in the crank case in any bike? I've got a Husky 250Wr with a constant flooding problem, and want to put a drain in the crank case. I know I need to seal it and watch the clearance between the drain and any rotating mass.

Right now I'm in the process of pumping out at least a quart of fuel/oil and want to now if I should heli-coil it or live with it.:think :( :mad:

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Spanky's got a point, it seems like far less work to just replace the needle and seat in the carb. Perhaps the brass floats are leaking too and have absorbed fuel and are depressing the inlet needle. That stuff doesn't last forever!

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Both of you have a good point but the needle and seat are fine.I inspected them myself. The floats were tested and fine also. B.T.W. Eric, I just picked up the latest version of M.&O.R.Handbook and it's great.

jeff11

Nov 20, 2001
I understand all GasGas enduro bikes have a crank drain plug for some reason.I remmber my old Cagiva WMX 200 filling it's cases half full of mix turned out the NipponDenso CDI unit was failing giving intermittently failier of the spark.
After the carb I'd check that Ignition, old systems always seem to give problems.
Can't see any reasons to fit a drain plug.As the previous posts say get the real fault fixed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom