1980 Yamaha IT 125G rear shock question

UnklFungus

Jun 5, 2008
Hello, I am new to this forum, but not new to forums.I was given the above bike and I have gotten it running and I enjoy riding it as often as I can. My dilemna however is that the rear shock is sagging, a lot, and I cannot find where it can be recharged with more nitrogen.
Would a new spring bring it up to where it should be? I have the adjusting collar all the way up right now, but it is nearly bottomed out when I sit on it. True, I am probably too big for this bike, as I am six foot plus and 240lbs.
Would a shock from another year/size bike fit on here? Am I doomed to having a bike with a saggy ass?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Janitor Pants

Jun 13, 2008
Good luck on this forum, I posted a while back and had over 80 views and no responses, I guess they don't like newbies or something. I ended up figuring out my issues on my own. I will look at my IT250 tomorrow and see if there is somewhere to put nitrogen into it. Bottled nitrogen is pretty easy to come by, so if there is a convenient port to put it in, it shouldn't be too hard.

UnklFungus

Jun 5, 2008
Yeah I am thinking that this doesn't have many active participants. Everyone mus t be into Modern $7000+ bikes!

Thanks for looking. I have found Noleen J6 and Pro Action Worldwide as two spots that rebuild the rear shocks.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I look at a lot of these posts but if I don't know the answer I don't reply. Seems to make sense at the time, I didn't realize it was hurting anyone's feelings.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Ain't hurtin mine (unless you have some Maico manuals squirreled away that you don't need) :nener:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom