crazymofo

Jan 10, 2009
gday folks, first real post here.

i own a 1992 RM 125, I have a mate with a 1999 RM 125 bills pipes expansion chamber, now im wondering if it can fit to my 92 model as he is willing to give it to me for free (upgraded to a rmz 450.. lucky bugger!)

i understand i'll need to rejet it and such but, just wondering it it will bolt on, and what affects may occur with it?

i'll be using a non shorty muffler with the pipe and a 3mm washer between the header and cylinder.

thanks guys

cheers.joe.

crazymofo

Jan 10, 2009
Good point. However i am mainly wondering if it'll bugger up the way the motor comes onto pipe. Is there i vast difference between the 2 bikes ports?

cheers.joe.

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
If the designs of the bike and pipe were so greatly different my guess would be the bike would run so poorly that you would notice it before you did any real damage. I would tend to believe that if you had a bike that was jetted extremely sharp and putting on a pipe that was only slightly different would be more of a problem only because the pipe might run well enough that you might keep running it lean if it happened to go that way.

Also I would think that if you where able to actually jet your bike sharp enough to be on the ragged edge that a slight variance in pipe design would be noticed by you by either a plug chop or just by experimenting /tuning the carb for the pipe

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
It will not fit, and the Pipe is Designed for the 1999 Suzuki RM125's powerband so it would GREATLY ruin your bikes power range if you could modify it to fit (would be hard since it is completely different shaped).

I raced a 1991 Suzuki RM125 and a 1992 Suzuki RM125. I have practiced on a friends Fully Prepped 1992 BILLS PIPE Suzuki RM125 and I am telling you the very best Modifications for the 1989-1992 Suzuki RM125's are through FMF. The FMF Gold Series Pipe, Power Core Silencer and FMF Ram Valve will make your bike as fast as any 125cc bike on the track. Trust me.

I had some Team Suzuki Support in 1994 and I raced Matt Maximoff's old (got it in the sponsorship deal via DGY) Full Team Suzuki Factory 1993 RM125 that year and I am telling you my 1991 FMF Prepped Suzuki RM125 was faster throughout the range then a Full Factory Suzuki RM125.

In 1997 I bought David Pingree's 1996 Splitfire Pro Circuit Kawasaki KX125 that he had raced in the AMA 125cc Supercross and the AMA 125cc Nationals and while the entire package was better then my 1991 FMF Prepped Suzuki RM125 I can honestly say the Motor was only slightly better in the Mid-Range.

Go with an FMF Pipe on your 1992 Suzuki RM125

Just my 2 Cents.

Top Bottom