Apr 27, 2001
As of right now I am 5'11, 145 lbs, and ride a 1989 Honda CR80. I know, I know, I'm waaaaay too big for it, but anyway, I recently rode a 1995 Honda CR250. I absolutely loved it. The bottom end on that thing was amazing as was the mid and top. It seemed to pull forever. The guy is selling it for $1,500. I'm wondering if this is a good price, which to me it sounds like it is, and if there were any known problems with this bike. Thanks for any help.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
there was a recall on the forks. the lower legs were cracking and causing the forks to stick. make sure this was fixed. Other than that, that bike did have an awesome engine!

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Look at the airfilter, that's usually a pretty good indication of how well they maintain the bike. Ask how often they change the top end, gear oil...make sure there aren't any strange visual problems with it

Moto Madman

Apr 17, 2002
Wiggle the wheels, and the swing arm to make sure the bearings are good, check for leaks, and ask a lot of questions. Also, grab the fork and the bars and try to wiggle it forward and backward to check the bearings. If it moves then try to turn the adjuster (below the top tripple) by hand. If you can move it it might just be loose but if it was ridden alot with this condition the bearings could have been damaged.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Mid ninties CRs were/are great bikes. Parts are very readily available too. Give it a good check over. Seems like a good price if its in decent shape. Good luck.

Top Bottom