Cleric

Aug 14, 2005
Backround Info: Did a race in sept and towards the end of the race the bike lost all top end power. SO i just finished up redoing my topend, new piston rings everything.

Got the whole bike back together and now in high rpms about 3/4 throttle the bike runs terrible, feels like the choke is on.

Does fine in the lower RPMs and starting just once i get on it it wont hit the powerband it just bogs and has no power. Basically no top end pull.

Before putting the bike back together i cleaned out the entire carb, airfilter, and it has a new plug. Has the same jetting that ran perfect before.

Is it electrical or possibly powervalve?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cleric

Cleric

Aug 14, 2005
checked reeds and powervalve and still having trouble.

Any other suggestions?

Any electrical tests i could try?

Cleric

Aug 14, 2005
i took the cover off the powervalve linkage and ran the bike and it seems to be moving up and down.

Could there still be a problem internally?

What would be the best way to go about cleaning it?

Rootuser

Jul 2, 2006
Power Valves

There are power valve covers to remove and you should probably remove the pipe to get at everything. They are like a little extra section on your cylinder head that isn't quite part of the cylinder.... kind of hard to describe....

As for reeds, if you had a broken reed the bike would not idle at all I believe so I doubt it's a broken reed.

You mention 3/4 throttle.... Is your pin setting correct? Beyond 3/4 throttle however does not effect anything as you are wide open and it's all up to the main jet at that point.

I am having a VERY similar problem myself and I am working on diagnosing it tonight I think. In the mean time check out this thread:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=141770

It may shed some light on possible things to look at.

-- Rootuser

ryan callies

Oct 17, 2002
The rod may move and the valve still might not be opening. Pull the pipe off and see if the valve moves with the linkage. You could have a screw missing or some thing broke. Good luck, Ryan -Finish Line Engines

Top Bottom