BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just got back from delivering the Spodewash. Okie, Thump, biglou, Tony, Motometal, Grady, and Brian were there. We played with the Pit Viper's and shot the bull. I'll be back there Wednesday night.
BTW, the weather is perfect.:boss:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
well according to this it won't be dry long, but the dirt should be perfect by the time we get there Wednesday at noon. :yeehaw:

Attachments

• us_okc_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
    us_okc_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 312

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Only a 40% chance of scattered showers tomorrow. Rest of the week, B E A Utiful!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
indeed, just enough rain to take care of the red dust......

perfect traction..... for those who know how to use it, hahaha...

may be another few raindrops tonight...for the same beneficient reason...

amnotsupposedtorevealthatkennybartramwasagaindoingbackflipsandthingstoday;someluckydudesgottocheckouthis"foampit"coolman...

them walls aka face jumps still look intimidating but they aint stopping thisoleman from attacking the big track...after warming up on the intermediate track (as opposed to the kiddy track...)

Elk and Steve, a fellow SoCal officer of the piece(!), momma Elk and daughter....but also Miss SoCal Marisa, all showed uptoday, 24 hours of straight trucking from the left coast..

Newcomers, the Cronauers, also made it to Cooperland today...and Mark promptly explored the woods single track domain...
Then there were the Schraders, Pfeiffers and quite a few more....the pits are filling up. Let The Show Begin!

tired, gotta call it quits for now...

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Man I so want to be there!!!14 hour work day today with about the same for tomorrow. It would be one thing if I hadn't planned to be there, another if I hadn't already registered and paid. Hold me a spot for next year for sure. Can I transfer my registration from this year and claim holeshot?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i say you can..........if that is any consolation.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Went out today and did a little play riding.

The jumps aren't that bad. Really fun I think. Of course I only rode about 10 laps at a pretty slow pace. Track is really fun though.

It's sprinkling outside, weather should be nice tomorrow. Can't wait to get out there in the morning.

AndIgottoseekennybartramnotdoingbackflips :)

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
wasthat YOU on the KTM80? number 416.... whoever that kid is, he was flying by me on the table tops as if I were, well, standing still...although I wasn't really standing still....

gottafindoutwhothatkidis

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
lol.....NOOOOO, that kid was flying by me too, trust me.

lol, I hear you on the jumps though, they are definately steep, but I just happen to find them a lot of fun.

I'm the tall lanky kid goonin' along on the KX 125, no numbers, black riding gear.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
IwannabeatdirtweekinsteadIamworking :(

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Heading out at midnight tonight.
Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow afternoon!

:)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i won't be there until friday night.

kendall's not going. she has a mandatory band contest in missouri to go to.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
tall and lanky... hell I saw several by that description fly by me... Assist, please say hello when you pass me in the pits or otherwheres...

Walt, Jay...MX 547 LOOKING forward to seeing you .... we're ready for the onslaught of arrivals Wednesday and Thursday....

Today the Louisiana gang showed up, and all dressed for fun....

then there was that local guy, a friend of the track owner's, #57, flying the whole track, hardly ever touching ground... reminiscent of our good friend Billywho who unfortunately won't make it this year...where is Billy when we need to defend DRN honor on the battle field?!

We hope Wardy gets here in time for his 3pm MX class.... I know he is on the road right now, with a few friends, making his way to Cooperland, where the weather was just perfect today for riding... despite a little rain overnight leaving the track a little snotty until the fast guys got going...

Got treated to funnel cakes make in the Camp Texas compound under Tony Eeds's direction over a huge specially made cookingmonster.... wow! reminiscent of Nawlins Beignets!

The woods guys checked out the single track situation and pronounced it marvelous for guys with an affinity to arboretums and bushes....

there was this guy claiming to be Kenny the cowboy, doing crazy things on the ramps....again.... turns out he was practicing for a competition this coming weekend in Orlando.....after recuperating for a few weeks from a shoulder injury...

BE SURE TO ASK BigLou about his experience at the hands of Kenny #690 and his foam pit.... OMG!

Ok, guys we're getting impatient..... the track door is open..... drive on in asap! weather forecast is troublefree for the remainder of the week, slightlhy overcast, 70s, norain!

nite nite....

Last edited:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
hey Walt, congrats on your MARATHON run....3 hours 28 minutes...wow!

have enough energy for DW?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for the updates Pokie. Wish I was there this year...but only 363 days 'till next year.

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Pokie, I did in fact see you there, but never got around to coming by and saying howdy.

Sadly, I will have to meet and greet you next year. For my dirtweek was a short dirt day and a half.

Just way too busy with school, and I'm already behind. That, and money is tight for me (Darn those expensive textbooks!) Combine being swamped, with poor, and throw in piss poor planning by my part, then you have me. I randomly decided to sign up just about a week before DW started, when I finally figured out I could pull off a day or so of play riding. Next year I will definately plan a lot better and if things fall into place regarding my class schedule that fall, I'll be out there all week for the most part.

I saw ol' #57 tearing it up around the track. It was fun to just sit there and watch him fly. He was the only one I saw doubling the little table top/peak things. I'd hate to see the consequences if you came up short on that!

Didn't get much meeting and greeting going on. Just familiarized myself with people I was pitting near and rode all day, spent a large chunk of time learnin' how to clear them jumps. It's tricky when you're slow like me.

I'm already looking forward to next year. I think I'll have a lot more fun, and as opposed to only having 4 months of riding experience, I'll have close to a year and a half of experience. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm on my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
AssistSuper said:
He was the only one I saw doubling the little table top/peak things. I'd hate to see the consequences if you came up short on that!

justin berry, who was a novice national champ last year, came up short on that a couple weeks ago and got a tib/fib break.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Hey AssistSuper.... looking forward to meeting you next year, and online in the interim; glad you enjoyed the day-and-a-half.... school is both important and expensive. In fact I was looking at the textbooks I use to teach two classes just to make sure I know what to test my students on when I get back.... this time it was "you study, I test", we'll see if they did...

Blase' DRNers: here was a friend of Cowboy Kenny's practicing all kinds of tricks on the ramps.... but very few onlookers... everbody busy riding the trails and tracks.... it was a super beautiful day... 70s, lightly overcast... tonight bright moonlit evening... Tony's kitchen busy serving up brats and them there funnel cakes.... popular gathering place that "Camp Tejas"...

some twenty guys took a side trip to the "500" wide track woods, about 4 miles away.... on the backroads on street-illegal dirtbikes.... to think we had two California Highway cops in our midst.... no local sherifs, no tickets, but lots of fun on a dry but undusty day... although i heard stories about mudslides in them "500" woods.... sadly a couple of guys came back with sore or broken toes (damn those tree stumps... a reminder why I don't venture into the deep bad woods...); one of them was/is the Okiewan himself.... momma had to make it all feel better... but will he ride again this week? vicodine anyone?

So Okie was in no position to stand and talk to the troops, Thump answered the call and pontificated before an eager crowd of rugged DRNers... about all the don'ts of the Cooperland compound...

Nikki D (newly married) threw a Bingo party with a bunch of KTM prizes.... threecheersforNikki... did I see one of them SoCal "Chips" fellows playing Bingo? say it ain't so!

Wardy rolled in early pm with a bunch of bikes;Service Honda AF500, of course will be raced on Saturday before he has to race on back to Illinois to capture the point lead from some localyokal... go Wardy! Why so many bikes? it's now a family affair: wife Patty is racing, both sons are immersing themselves into the proposition of outdoing daddy-wardy some day soon... Compassionate Wardy immediately tenders his luxury Honda Rubicon to the great Okiewan, so that the boss is not too much inconvenienced by all that toe thumping pain!

Two KTM trucks pull in and display a boatload of shiny new orange colored toys..... that drew the 'flies'.... they will be back in the morning for more demo action... woopie yall!

About that big track.... them 'walls' look no smaller today than they did yesterday and the day before.... but the traction is absolutely delightful, so they tell me... and by the way, the big step-up is under "reconstruction", so Kris reworked the long uphill rythm into a step-up/rythm combo.... looks equally intimidating for some of us humbler performers...

no major crashes! knock/knock/wood... 'cept Kris did a major face plant at the end of that combo; witnesses say the bike stalled midair.... Kris separated from his bike by a mile (or so); mortals would have run to momma, but Kris dusted himself off, shook off bad thoughts and rode a little more....well, the rear fender looks a little crooked, subframe has been reconfigured...

The "intermediate" track (well, junior track some call it) got a lot of action too, as did the Kiddy track....I saw about 5 of them going at it for quite a while.... what fun it is to watch them little ones... for they grow up to be big bad riders....

wish that one of the woods guys would report on events deep in the jungle...

oh yes, it was a busyday checking in bunches of people, quite a few last-minute decision makers.... Shiftless, Crispy, Scooter and Fast4Ward could'nt scribble names and particulars fast enough...

and that's the way it was on Day 3! cheerios

oops, wanted to post some pics, but dont have the transfer cable for my digicamera... will figure something out.... sorry!

Last edited:
Top Bottom