HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Let's get a ride together. I know the SRAC season has started, but is there a break? Also, it sounds like the Reno Ride claimed a couple of engines - what's the timeline for turn around?

Is there any riding near the border. I know Trinidad is known for other things :| but Raton? or other semi-close for all?

I haven't ridden in about 5 months and my brain is mush.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
This weekend NM is supposed to get hammered, I think Raton and that area will be snowed in, we got a foot or so already this week in the highlands, I could make Pueblo next weekend maybe, wife's away, or if any of you guys wanna haul down this way, wet sand is good ridin. dunno if Wes has his scoot back yet.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
OAS - SRAC stands for Sport Riders Association of Colorado. mxer842 races in that series, and possibly others. That season just started last weekend and goes on just about every weekend as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking of doing a local ride (Pueblo) not this weekend but the following. I was waiting until we get a decent forecast, as this weekend is supposed to be bad and the 10 day forecast for Pueblo isn't any better.

I just learned I've been recruited to drive the fam damily to New Orleans and back in mid-March, so a trip within 4 hours or so is about all I can stomach prior to the great trip (roughly 25 hours to Big Easy). Too bad about NM getting hammered.

I've never done sand before and my only fear is the wear on chains and other tolerance sensitive parts.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Steve the weather guy said that storm is gonna end up being just light / moderate rain.
But we all know how that goes....... :moon:

HMS thanks for the info.
Thought it might has stood for SummersRacingAnnonymosClub or something...... :joke:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Well, I think Pueblo is looking fairly decent for the following weekend. This weekend is supposed to have rain/snow mix and a high on Sunday of 32. :ugg:

Saturday the 6th of March shows partly cloudy and 50. So, I'll planning on firing up the beast and heading to Pueblo that weekend. Don't know which day yet or if both. I know it is more convenient for the CO folks, but at least it's something.

I'd still like to arrange a NM ride soon. I probably can't make it until April and hopefully VD will have his rig back in order by then. What'dya think?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
HomeMadeSin said:
I'd still like to arrange a NM ride soon. I probably can't make it until April and hopefully VD will have his rig back in order by then. What'dya think?

Anything is possible. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Rich is going to fix the motor but he doesn't even have it yet because it's in still the mail. Maybe I should have put more stamps on the box. :laugh:

I could always ride a CZ or a Maico. :ohmy:

Last edited:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Pueblo sounds good for March 6th. Probably ride there this weekend too. Was there last weekend trying out the backup bike (it works). Hope you get your motor back soon, VD, so we can come down and ride with you in NM. REALLY would like to get back up into the mountains to ride again soon. Is it spring yet?

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
When we do the NM ride is anybocy interested in a track day? I might be able to get Sandia MX to let us in on Saturday (if it'a not a race weekend) and we could play on their track.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
BEEF: I'm pretty weak on a track, but game to play none-the-less. Is the track as hard, dry and rutty as the ones up here? 500's don't hook up well on that stuff and cause's me to ride like Al Gore......

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Hey guys, don't wait for me to be ready. Just plan the ride for whenever works, and I'll find something to ride.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
VintageDirt said:
Hey guys, don't wait for me to be ready. Just plan the ride for whenever works, and I'll find something to ride.

Wes, i could bring down the xl500r.
That would be cruel though. Youd probably end up beating me with the handlebars! hee hee! :laugh: :worship:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
OnAnySunday said:
Wes, i could bring down the xl500r.
That would be cruel though. Youd probably end up beating me with the handlebars! hee hee! :laugh: :worship:
Or...I could ride your 650 and you could ride the 500. :laugh:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
VintageDirt said:
Or...I could ride your 650 and you could ride the 500. :laugh:

Then i'd end up beating myself with the handlebars. :eek:

Ahhhh heck 'ol Flash aint THAT bad , i mean it IS a bit heavy, and geared a bit tall, and..........and.........when did you say your engine is gonna be back??? heh heh :worship:

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
This Sunday looks like the day. According to weather.com, they're calling for 57 and sunny in Pueblo. I'll take that. I'm gonna post a separate thread for this ride, but would really like to get a full-on ride together.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Those conditions sound purdy good for Colorady this time of year!
Mebbe i'll check the map and see how far it is from Farmington..... :)
Assuming that wifey has no qualms with it. :ugg:

Oh, and hey Wes. Ya know i owe ya a ride on the piggy.
(it was riddin your 250F & Beef's R that gave me the jag for gettin new wheels after all.) :thumb:
If ya cant find other wheels i'll ride the XL.

(mebbe we could switch off now and then, eh??) :joke:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Pueblo was a bit too far for me.
right now anyways..... :whiner:

Wes, to heck -w- the XL! Just remembered about your 490. Aint the big red M runnin?
That bike oughta put a whoopin on just about anything else out there! :thumb:
(except mebbe the ocasional CR/KX 500.)
Although if its anything like my YZ400 was ya almost need a 5 gal. desert tank if ya want to go more than 20 miles wo refuelin!! hee hee! :eek:

Me, i just need a dessert tank.....to keep the cheesecake and banana pudding in. :laugh: :yeehaw:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
OnAnySunday said:
Although if its anything like my YZ400 was ya almost need a 5 gal. desert tank if ya want to go more than 20 miles wo refuelin!! hee hee! :eek:
That's true Wally. What the bike don't use, it wastes. And what it don't waste, sloshes out of the Bing bong overflow tube.

I would still take the big red "M" on a desert ride, because it would have my old ass wore out in less than 10 miles anyway. :laugh:

mos11b

Feb 8, 2004
I will be out at the Berthoud (Colorado) track this Friday 3-10 at about 12:00-to dark. I was just wondering if Anyone off this list going to be there?

Anyone ride Berthoud?

Friday is going to be Partly cloudy. Highs 55 to 65.

Berthoud track is at http://www.vdrmx.com/

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom