dirtpeople

Jun 6, 2000
after flogging my 96 300 exc on ebay a few months ago i went right out and bought a new 2002 200 exc. i'm not a big guy so i thought i'd give it a try. it seriously lacks the "always on tap" power that my 300 had, however i'm inlove with the bike, it is effortlessly a true woods weapon. anyway, if anyone has any suggestions how i can get some more guts outta it, i could really use the help. thanx

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i have heard to smoothe out the power delivery put a V-Force reed block on. I have one but yet to put it in yet. I went up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket, seems to work alot better in tight woods. Hae had mine for a yr and a half now and the thing is indestructible, couldn't ask for a better bike for SE Ohio, well maybe a 450 EXC.

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
Don't get me started.
Would I be correct in saying roll-on power is lacking?
How much coin you got?

The best thing is to realize that response is the goal. Many confuse this with torque anyway. As long as you have quick/smooth delivery, you're good.

Jetting: 42P/175M/DDK or 42P/180M/CEK Sudco needles leaner up to 1/4 throttle. Booth offer increased bottom and smoother pwrband. CEK is smoothest.

Timing adjust: mine is advanced 2mm beyond the right range marker. Play with it 'til you loose a bit on top. I have no pinging and I use a very hot mapped CDI. Turn the plate behind the f/w counter clockwise.

Mill the head or better yet do a top-end with the thinnest base gasket. More hit due to more advanced port timing and higher comp(torque).

OEM pipe and silencer will be fine unless you want to start throwing $$ at it.
PC and Doma are top shelf. In that case you'd be real close to the ultimate mod. Vortex CDIx10, switch on the fly 2x5 maps. This and jetting and you're done. I can ride a gear higher under load in many familiar sections.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Dude, you gave up a 100cc no mod's that you do will give you that much in return.

I am coming off a 01 DRZ 400 which I thought I was pretty fast with. After riding the new 03 200 exc all I can say is wow! The only time I miss the extra 200cc is on the 2 tracks.

Enjoy the new bike.

Brian

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom